• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eryl1.9Gti

Splutter + Warming Up

Eryl1.9Gti

Right the other day i was driving down and decided to plant it in 2nd, reved up to 3kish then splutter, rev a bit splutter then on to 6k. What the heck is up with the car?? Is it missing on a cylider?? (problem before Bat change)

Now if im in a line of traffic for more than 5mins red light on dash STOP water temp light comes on. ARGH!!!

enough water in the system. problem happned after battery change plus cant hear the fan kicking in, where is the fuse for this?

Doing my nut in. As i have a 200m trek back home in a bit i dont want the F**ker to die half way home.

Edited by Eryl1.9Gti

ALEX

Loose Ht leads are the first things to check for missfiring.

I had the king lead fall off on mine once, didn't notice untill after 40 mins of waiting for the AA to arive. I had a shirt and tie on and didnt want to get mucky. Bordem got the better of me so I had a propper look.

Bingo! the HT king lead had popped off.

Sounds like you've knocked the fan switch connector off . It's near where the battery is next to the passanger side head light. (blue swicth, white/grey connector)

You can test the fan circuit by shorting two of the three wires in the connector. Use a multimeter to find which two are live. One runs through a resistor for half speed fan, the other should be 12v.

If you complete the circuit for either connections, (don't connect the two lives as this will pop a fuse) the fan should spin.

Edited by ALEX

Sign in to follow this