• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mankee

1.4 Carb Engine Problem On An H-reg Cj

Mankee

Hi peeps. Just have a reader asking a question about a problem with his 205 1.4 CJ. Wondering if you guys can share any advice as I'm not really clued up enough to answer it myself. :)

Hi Will,

I hope you can help me, i have a Peugeot 205 1.4cj (H reg) and have

just found that the accelerator pump diaphragm has gone. Peugeot told

me that the only way i can get one of these is by paying out for a

carb repair kit that costs £75. Personally i think this is a bit over

priced as i just need the diaphragm.

Do you know of anywhere i can get this from, or as i am thinking about

livening it up, if you know of any replacement carbs for it? Like if

the 1.4 gt one will fit?

Thanks a lot,

Ash

Guest smokinslim

Why doesn't that price surprise me! He can have my old (complete, and fully working) CJ carb for a tenner. PM me if you're interested, I need to get rid anyway.

The 1.4 GT carbs wont fit as the GT has the older engine, but the solex 32-34 Z2 from an 1.4 XS or Citroen AX GT will work, but you must change the inlet manifold also. Well worth the effort of changing them if you want a bit more power, and probably a little more economical at low revs too.

As an after thought, he might want to try and source the part from the maker of the carb, as if they can help i doubt their price would carry the same mark up as Peugeot.

Edited by smokinslim

Rippthrough
Why doesn't that price surprise me! He can have my old (complete, and fully working) CJ carb for a tenner. PM me if you're interested, I need to get rid anyway.

The 1.4 GT carbs wont fit as the GT has the older engine, but the solex 32-34 Z2 from an 1.4 XS or Citroen AX GT will work, but you must change the inlet manifold also. Well worth the effort of changing them if you want a bit more power, and probably a little more economical at low revs too.

As an after thought, he might want to try and source the part from the maker of the carb, as if they can help i doubt their price would carry the same mark up as Peugeot.

Either take up smokinslims offer, or recommend he changes the manifold and car to the solex, both the manifold and the carb are much better designs.

Mankee

Cheers chaps! I will pass on your replies. :)

macaroni

Surely an H-reg CJ will have a Solex?

If so, you could try www.fuel-parts.co.uk as they sell service kits for the Solex carbs for much less than £75!!

BERTMAN

itl have a solex but not the one off an XS, which are alot better

Guest smokinslim

Yup, Bertman's right. Standard CJ carb is solex too but it's pants as is the manifold it sits on.

Better off upgrading, and you should be able to get an XS carb and mani for less than £50 anyway.

Guest MrAsh

Hey thanks for the info lads! I will try and find one from the local scrappy or something.

macaroni

Usually a couple on ebay too.

Sign in to follow this