• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jean_quemener

Getting A Mi16 Done By A Pro.

Jean_quemener

Hi i like in jersey very small palce compair to england, and ther is not much chance of me getting a MI16 engine over her and i dont realy know or trust any one voer hear to do it propperly, does any one kow any where in the uk that would do the conversion and supply the engine, loom ect ?

Thanks jean.

Anthony

205 Parts and X-Sport are two companies who's Mi conversions I've seen and would trust, and I imagine both could supply the engine/loom etc if required as well.

There's also a couple of individuals on here who do conversions and who's work is good, namely Maxi and Jonnie205

inferno

hehe... u cant trust my conversions... a few have seen my bodge ups... although i can think of 2 bigger bodgers than me!:)

Alastairh

What a helpful answer...

As Anthony said, they seem to be the main popular trust worthy people on the forum.

Edited by Alastairh

Jean_quemener

Thank you ver much for the speed replys, still need to look into boat cost's @ the moment witch wont be cheep and i have never driven on moterways before ever lol but that all part of the fun hehe :)

thanks jean

Jean_quemener

hi i found a web site for 205 parts but do you know if x sport have one

thanks jean.

Miles

we do, xsportracing.com and in Southampton too so not very far from the ferry terminal too, As you'll see we do evrything upto a V8 Ford Focus

Monkey

Further more Miles is fitting a 2.0 Mi16 or S16, whichever it is which I poached from a Xantia into my car on Monday. He's a top chap, and always there to answer any questions / problem you may have. He also has premises and a reputation to consider, meaning he'll see you right no matter what I imagine.

An enthusiastic and experienced amateur may be a bit cheaper, but the hassle it can lead to unless you really know and trust them in my experience isn't worth it. The red car in my profile Picture kind of caught fire and was destroyed shortly after having a Mi16 put in for the second time to fix problem with it being put in the 1st time.

kyunis

Hi. i have just pruchased a BRAND NEW 2.0 mi16 block! It was surplus stock from the factory and someone purchased it in Bradford with the intention of a conversion. Well he hasnt done it and has passed it to me!

What i wanted to know is, my car is fully standard 1.9 gti, what would i need for full conversion, and what would be recommended as for brakes , shall i keep the standard 1.9 rear beam or the 309 gti beam? What mounts would you recomend, Group A or N and what bout the manifold? and ECU and wiring looms?

smckeown
Hi. i have just pruchased a BRAND NEW 2.0 mi16 block! It was surplus stock from the factory and someone purchased it in Bradford with the intention of a conversion. Well he hasnt done it and has passed it to me!

What i wanted to know is, my car is fully standard 1.9 gti, what would i need for full conversion, and what would be recommended as for brakes , shall i keep the standard 1.9 rear beam or the 309 gti beam? What mounts would you recomend, Group A or N and what bout the manifold? and ECU and wiring looms?

Worth checking the exact code on that engine, there were a few new mi16's knocking about last year but they were low compression versions, therefore putting out less power as standard

kyunis

I havent collected yet, but im told its the CAT engine, but can be de-catted ( if thats a word) , he has Brand new 1.9 gti drive shafts, and a few bits and bobs which hes hoping to ged rid of also. The price was £800 for the engine, he has receipts for £1100 from Scotland. Would you reacon its the low compression version? Thanks

Dino

Another vote for Miles from me :P

Almost two years and still going strong since my conversion. Always top notch work from 'Mr Peugeot' himself.

kyunis

"As you live so far south, I think it makes you the only person I know who lives further South than Miles! If I was you, I would entrust your car with him"

Not to far from you, Bradford (riots 2001) is north, near leeds. I bought my 205 from someone in sheffield. Is there anyone youd recommend near you , or near leeds/bradford?

Edited by kyunis

New to this 205 business, but my 1.6 could definitely handle more power. What sort of money are we talking for an Mi16 conversion roughly?

Pete

mat1227

I'm all ears too to be honest - it seems to depend on who does it and how comprehensive the conversion is. I don't think I've come across any specific figures being talked about in all my months of lurking.

I'd kind of like to know so I could work out if it's something worth considering or not..

Edp

I had my BX16V engine rebuilt by Mattsav at QEP and then installed by Maxi, both of them come highly rated by me for their knowledge and workmanship.

Maxi does a top job. He did my conversion early last year and as you'd expect it cotinues to pull like a train!

the obligatory pictures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ewP205/mi16v5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ewP205/mi16v2.jpg

Ed

sorr

With regards cost I am doing most of the work myself and do not think that I will get much change from £1.2K. This does include a full engine rebuild, including rings, all gaskets, crank regrind and bearings. Hhead refurb including 3 angle seats and an inlet only cam from QEP.

Many people may think this is high but it is all the little bits that add up. For example why leave the old clutch on when you have the engine out and why not replace any marginal coolant pipes that are easy to get at when the engine is out.

What I think is important to remember is that Mis are old and would benefit from a rebuild. It may actually be cheaper to go Gti6.

mat1227

thanks sorr it helps to get a ballpark figure. not far off what I was expecting tbh if you're doing it properly

Sign in to follow this