• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MartinR

Kms Ignition Management

MartinR

Hi All

I would like to fit the KMS ignition management to my brothers 205 to get rid of the poxy dizzy and all that jazz. Now.......

I was just reading about the ignition management on mattsavs website (in particular the pdf about the ignition management) and it says that i will need a sensor on the flywheel (obviously) and also an engine load sensor?

It might seem glaringly obvious to some other people why you need this, but i thought it would be as simple as just using the ignition management to fire the coil by monitoring the flywheel..............

Therefore, as the ECU is still standard in the car and I still need the throttle switch on the throttle butterfly, where would I mount a potentiometer in order to provide an engine load signal to the ECU..........

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

Regards

Martin

PsychoSimon

make sure the load sensor doesnt have to be a map sensor. if you think about it, a standard dizzy runs the vacuum advance which is the load sensing part of the dizzy.

You may find it easier to use a map sensor if your ecu will allow as it is a bit easier to fit and does the same job.

I'm not familiar with the kms but that is what i would lok into.

Regards,

Simon

MartinR

ok cool.................

However just to add to this....

Would i be correct in saying that i need both of these items for ignition management only?

KMS Ignition ECU + Breakout Loom 213.00

KMS Ignition driver (for use with coils without internal drivers) 33.00

Or just the ignition driver....... its getting confusing...........

d-9

You will need both those and also need a coilpack from a 106 or summit.

Best thing to do is give matt sav a call as hes very helpful.

Mattsav

The Ignition only ecu doesn't need the external driver.

The Load sensor is a Throttle position sensor so you can alter the timing dependant on load and speed.

If the cars are Webbers then we do a basic mounting bracket for £40 + vat. You just need to drill the holes to mount the sensor (as the position varies on each setup).

The TPS Sensor is £28 + Vat

Sign in to follow this