• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest olihodgson

2.0 Mi16 Misfire/overfuel Problems :(

Guest olihodgson

hi there, i'm oli, fairly new here, thought i should ask if anyone could give me some advice as i'm pretty much exhausted with my problem now!!

Ok, i recently bought a 306, its got a rebuilt 405 mi16 engine in it, the 2.0 16v xu10j4, anyway, i picked the car up from wales,it was terrential rain the whole way home, drove it 200 miles trouble free, stopped off for some lunch before the other 50 miles home, when i re started the car it was spluttering and popping, completely overfueling and stalling itself.

i drove home (mainly dual carriageway) and it was ok but at junctions needed clearing out to move away.

It's gotten much worse since that day, its become undriveable really, it went down on 3cylinders after a day or 2, i replaced a coil and its back on 4, i replaced plugs, diaphragms and fuel pressure regulator too but none of it worked.

Basically, on startup for 5 minutes its perfectly smooth, but as soon as its up to temp, it starts to chug then it stalls itself, if you try driving it like that, its overfueling and pops and bangs and stinks of fuel.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? i have done no miles since buying this car and its driving me nuts :P

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

steve@cornwall
hi there, i'm oli, fairly new here, thought i should ask if anyone could give me some advice as i'm pretty much exhausted with my problem now!!

Ok, i recently bought a 306, its got a rebuilt 405 mi16 engine in it, the 2.0 16v xu10j4, anyway, i picked the car up from wales,it was terrential rain the whole way home, drove it 200 miles trouble free, stopped off for some lunch before the other 50 miles home, when i re started the car it was spluttering and popping, completely overfueling and stalling itself.

i drove home (mainly dual carriageway) and it was ok but at junctions needed clearing out to move away.

It's gotten much worse since that day, its become undriveable really, it went down on 3cylinders after a day or 2, i replaced a coil and its back on 4, i replaced plugs, diaphragms and fuel pressure regulator too but none of it worked.

Basically, on startup for 5 minutes its perfectly smooth, but as soon as its up to temp, it starts to chug then it stalls itself, if you try driving it like that, its overfueling and pops and bangs and stinks of fuel.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? i have done no miles since buying this car and its driving me nuts :P

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Hi oli ! Good to have another Truro pugnut! Don't know if the mi has the same sad/ temp sender as the gti?

Anyone let me know?

If so this could very well be the problem?-I've got spares-in Truro !

Guest olihodgson

hey mate, didnt think there would be another truro person about, rarely any cornwall people!! hehe. the temp sensor isn't the same i dont think, its got 4 temps sensors im told, one air and 3 water ones, i asked the guy who built the car about an SAD sensor but he said its not the same. keep getting scraps of info and glimmers of hope, but then get shot down, hehe!

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds like the ecu temp sensor or possibly a dodgy lambda.

Guest olihodgson

cheers for reply, i was airing towards the air temp sensor, its going in the morning to be sorted, so fingers crossed it be back for the weekend running perfectly!!

Sign in to follow this