• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
niklas

Heat Shield

niklas

Well, is it really necessary? :P

hexhamstu

mines been missing ever since anthony did the beam and mine was so corroded it fell of. i havent got another one yet.

i went to the scrappy to get one but since they're all dropped on the floor its hard to get them in the air.

niklas
mines been missing ever since anthony did the beam and mine was so corroded it fell of. i havent got another one yet.

i went to the scrappy to get one but since they're all dropped on the floor its hard to get them in the air.

And your tank hasn't melted and caught on fire yet..? :D

I guess it's safe to skip that heatshield.. :P

Super Josh

You can buy one from Pug for not much money. Mine corroded out a few years ago. I replaced it because I didn't want the tank melting if I was in traffic or had come off a track session and it got hot in the paddock. For the sake of a few Euros, I would replace it.

Josh

niklas
You can buy one from Pug for not much money. Mine corroded out a few years ago. I replaced it because I didn't want the tank melting if I was in traffic or had come off a track session and it got hot in the paddock. For the sake of a few Euros, I would replace it.

Josh

The main problem is that Im not sure where it attaches to and if those fixing points are still there. If they are I don't mind replacing it..

Can you give me a hint? or a picture? :rolleyes:

pug_ham

I haven't got a picture to hand but the front mount is one of the exhaust support bracket bolts in front of the tank & the rear is a bracket that hangs from a stud above the beam.

Graham.

niklas

Thanks all!

Will look into it so we avoid a nasty fire :blush:

davemar

Mine fell off ages ago, and I've not had any problems since. I did go to Peugeot to find out how much a new one costs, but it was silly money, something like £50, so I didn't bother.

Daxed

I would so hate to find out the hard way that it was required in certain circunstances

TEKNOPUG

Can't imagine Peugeot fitting anything that wasn't required - 205's are hardly over-engineered as it is!

Sign in to follow this