• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest the boyracerrr

Paint Scheme Suggestions..

max0
looking for a few ideas im deffo going black i think, but was pondering about a red metal flake lacquering job :wacko: however just wondering if any one suggests any other colors of metal flake i should use which will look a treat as i dont have a gti and am only 17 years old i cant afford to insure one :( so more into styling modification instead of tuning modification however as the years progress will surely consider eninge transplant and gear box swaps :D so anyone got any suggestions? thanks in advance all :)

I really wouldnt go for metal flakes if it was my car, however its your car and money at the end of the day, and what ever floats your boat. If the car does need re painting id go for standard. Post some pics up so we can see, might just need a good polish with T cut or G3 and a mop. Standared looks a lot better im my opion and will help when you come to sell the car. If i was in a car park and saw a metal flake 205 i would think "o dear" and then if i heard it start and it was a oil burner id be thinking "deary deary me" Not even goin to say what would happen at the traffic light grand prix ;)

If i where you and your thinking about keepin the car for a few years to earn some no claims id spend the money on some tools and service parts and try and keep it in good nick and good running order with a few mods like a beam refurb with gti anti roll bars and torsion bars. then you can learn a few things too, save some money and have a nice runnning 205.... nothing worse than a maxed up "look at me" car on its last legs.

aw11_hgt

And now for a different point of view....

GO FOR IT!!!!! Metalflake paint schemes are ace, (aren't they?) :wacko:

Why are you consulting a forum, asking for advice, then being over defensive over a tacky paint job!!??!! Just do it then we can all admire it (or not!), accordingly :)

Guest the boyracerrr
And now for a different point of view....

GO FOR IT!!!!! Metalflake paint schemes are ace, (aren't they?) :wacko:

Why are you consulting a forum, asking for advice, then being over defensive over a tacky paint job!!??!! Just do it then we can all admire it (or not!), accordingly ;)

hmm thanks bud friendly reply :D i still am not sure i really would like to just go for it however im thinking about trading the car for a 1.1 or 1.4xs now if anyone is interested??? lemme know has to be 3 door tho thats all that is required may even add cash too as im desperate for a petrol as people say will be just as exspensive as a 1.6gti to insure and if im doing that why not make it a 1.6 thing is i cannot afford it so 1.1 or 1.4 xs will make my day now :( pm me if anyone has one :)

aw11_hgt

I'd get some quotes before shopping round for a gti. Without any no claims, it will hurt!! One thing you can do in the short term is run the present car for 6 mths then review the situation regarding insurance as you willbe able to use 6 mths NCB against future insurance. HTH

Guest the boyracerrr
I'd get some quotes before shopping round for a gti. Without any no claims, it will hurt!! One thing you can do in the short term is run the present car for 6 mths then review the situation regarding insurance as you willbe able to use 6 mths NCB against future insurance. HTH

hmm thats sum bible information mate i think ill bear in mind ;) cheers i wasnt aware 6months was an option NCB wise :)

however deal still open if anyone knows anyone who may want this for work or anything or maybe lil runaround its ideal im looking for a 1.1 or 1.4 :P cheers people

and if no luck in trading do you think if i decidedto start breaking it i wil be able to get £250 back from it? as i need that to buy a decent 1.1 or 1.4 ??? bearing in mind i have the following...

a gti froung vance 2 gti front bumpers gti rear bumper with gti rear valance i THINK has the fog inserts also i have the full gti arch and trim set with two spare pieces and gti half leather interior the black and red type and gti carpeting and gti centre console also lowering springs as it HAS been lowered by previour owner

aw11_hgt

You should get pretty close to £250 total, it all adds up - decent leather trim must be worth over £100 by its self.

Guest the boyracerrr
You should get pretty close to £250 total, it all adds up - decent leather trim must be worth over £100 by its self.

yeah i am aware it should be worth a quid or two hehe but problem is its complete and gr8 condition just no drivers seat as this aparently got naffed and was replaced with a crappy old cotton seat and thats ripped in right arm part aswell :P i currently have seat covers on the lot ;)

if anyone is interested lemme know :)

Grim.Badger

Keep the diesel! I had great fun in mine, especially once it had new suspension, bushes, and 1.6GTi alloys with brand new Yoko tyres. They will also beat the 1.4s downhill, or an ill 1.4 on the flat (get trashed by the GTis though :D ) and give much better milage even with a heavy right foot. If you can keep the revs up they're good enough as first cars.

Once you can afford it, strip the engine and fuel lines out of it and slip in a 1.9 or Mi, plus fit the rolling gear obviously :) . You could even try the 1.9TDI from a 306 and tune it up, you should be able to get a lot more grunt out of it than Pug set them up with as they were intended for economy not speed.

I regret getting rid of my diesel as the shell was mint, unlike my GTi which is a big pile of rust :blush:

If you can get this shell looking good then it should be a good basis for a DIY GTi, although I think you may have to alter the rear arches slightly to take the rear wheels properly :blush: .

Guest the boyracerrr

ok have spoken to the missus,

and i am not allowed to sell it i am allowed to trade it for another 205 but not sell it as it means im beind a quitter and i have then spent about £400 on it for nothing i think i am going to go for a full restore in time :) piece by piece thnks for all of your kind comments and if any of you have any 205 parts such as clear side repeaters,gti steering wheel,red gti style carpeted door cards,bolts and fixing brackets for front bumper and valance let me know also if you have anything else cheap and spare for sale or for free hit me up :D

Jrod

Tell the missus to f*ck off? :)

Guest the boyracerrr
Tell the missus to f*ck off? :)

are you crazy or summin? :D

dont be silly there goes the birthday prezzie's :(

Jrod

Would a woman know the difference between a petrol and a diesel? :)

Guest the boyracerrr

probs not lol without it being written in front of her but then again she brought it for me as prezzie and she will know if i sold this one trust me its unique as it were lol

Guest the boyracerrr

CAR NOW SOLD FOR £200 MISSUS DONT MIND AS IM GETTING A NEW ONE 1.1 AND SHES GETTING TO DRIVE THAT SO ITS ALL GOOD :)

Sign in to follow this