• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest the boyracerrr

Paint Scheme Suggestions..

Guest the boyracerrr

looking for a few ideas im deffo going black i think, but was pondering about a red metal flake lacquering job ;) however just wondering if any one suggests any other colors of metal flake i should use which will look a treat as i dont have a gti and am only 17 years old i cant afford to insure one B) so more into styling modification instead of tuning modification however as the years progress will surely consider eninge transplant and gear box swaps :) so anyone got any suggestions? thanks in advance all ;)

Jrod

Don't bother, save the money for insurance for a better car. ;)

steve@cornwall

Not a lover of flake paint.... plain black with all new lights, bumpers etc? nice shiny wheels and maybe lowered a LITTLE ? Just making it look an immaculate example would be more impressive in my book.

Andrew-Gray

I agree, just get a nice paint job, refurbed 1.9 alloys, get new lights, bumpers etc.

What you getting painted? Your 1.8d ?

Guest the boyracerrr
I agree, just get a nice paint job, refurbed 1.9 alloys, get new lights, bumpers etc.

What you getting painted? Your 1.8d ?

yes tha 1.8 :D and getting a set of 1.9 gti alloys for £25 a full set and there almost imaculate condition :D bargin me thinks, need new clear indicators anyway smashed one by accident :(

mikeyde

I can vouch for many on this forum by saying that flake is not the way to go.

I agree with Jrod, save the money, insure a GTi. for the money it would cost for a fancy paint job you could insure a GTi for a year.

I'm 17 at the moment and have been driving just under a year. I was paying 700-ish to insure my 1.6GTi since day one and have never regretted one moment of it.

The main upside will be youll have a GTi, not a diesel :D

Guest the boyracerrr

i understand your points those who are against the idea of flake and the modifying of a diesal however like i said i cant afford a gti on my insurance :( due to the area im in insurance is espesh high due to the amount of damage and theft :'( however the fancy paint job thing it will be costing me only as much as the suplies which i am getting for less then £100 the lot all new with plenty of excess and the spray job will be done free as a favour from when i did work experience at the garage and they are giving me an aprenticeship when i am 18 too :D its all gravy school pays off big time :D..even tho i hated it!

28CRAIG

it not worth spend money on your first car you may as well wait and get gti when you have a year no claims.

I was payin £2000 on a xs when i was 17 then got a 1.9gti when 18 and went down to £1600 now 20 payin

£1100 with mi16 in it.

so you may as well get a gti and do work on that until you can afford insurance.

Leet205

starsky and hutch 2 tone it!

would be funny :D

Paintguy
however the fancy paint job thing it will be costing me only as much as the suplies which i am getting for less then £100 the lot all new with plenty of excess

You don't get much paint for £100, especially a metalflake, unless it's real budget stuff.

I've just painted my mates Supra, and costed it down to the last penny, and we still went over £200 on paint (primer, thinner, lacquer, hardener etc.) And that wasn't anything fancy, just a straight black, with a bit of Xyrillic pearl to catch the sunlight.

Good luck if you can get it for that price, but I'd go with the majority, and tell you that metalflake isn't the way to go. There were loads of these paint jobs at FCS last year, and every one of them looked cheap and tacky. Leave the metalflake back in the 70's, or on fairground rides where it belongs.

Guest the boyracerrr

well the car doesnt need primering its already had that free of charge :( plus already have 5 litres of matte black paint off of a very good friend so thats why it will cost less then £100 mate,

however im starting to take the hints ! :( and think a straight black spray job with chrome trim etc will look very nice especially if i manage to the st.tropez front end im looking for and manage to get the side skirts i have onto it nicely :D and blended well :D will let you all know what i decide in the end and get some pictures up and btw im only going for an exterior respray not a full respray where the engine bay would be stripped etc as this is already black :D and there is no point seeing as it will not be seen as its a diesal engine lol anyhow any more suggestions are welcome :D

Leet205

i hope ur gonna concider the white and red starksy and hutch idea, how cool would that be?! would even suit the lines of the 205 :D

Guest the boyracerrr
i hope ur gonna concider the white and red starksy and hutch idea, how cool would that be?! would even suit the lines of the 205 :D

lol will think about it bud :D however highly unlikely due to already having 5litres of black 2k color paint :D so cost wise its cheaper black now lol but year the starsky and hutch idea would looke prerry extreme hehe :(

24seven

don't bother wasting money on a Diesel unless you're going for show car looks. Even more so, don't do it to an old diesel like a 205. All you're likely to gain is a few laughs. Of course unless you're going for an immaculate recondition & restoration of the whole car, then you'll get respect for whatever car you do it to.

jackherer
lol will think about it bud :D however highly unlikely due to already having 5litres of black 2k color paint :D so cost wise its cheaper black now lol but year the starsky and hutch idea would looke prerry extreme hehe :D

haha so you want suggestions for a colour for your pug, and it can be any colour, as long as its black :(

1913%20FORD%20MODEL%20T%20BLACK.jpg

Leet205

haha, good old henry ford

Paintguy

But does anyone know why he said black only?

Answers on a postcard, and no cheating with google :)

Edited by Paintguy

Rippthrough
But does anyone know why he said black only?

Answers on a postcard, and no cheating with google :rolleyes:

It wasn't always black, they did do other colours at some points IIRC.

Anyway - black paint is cheaper.

Leet205

no google or any interwebness - black because it was the fastest drying :rolleyes:

Paintguy
no google or any interwebness - black because it was the fastest drying :rolleyes:

Give that man a Blue Peter badge! :lol:

GLPoomobile

How about black with a red stripe, like BA's van? I piddy da fool!!

All these comments telling you not to do it are counter constructive but I agree with them all. Although you may be able to get it done on the cheap, is there really any point dressing up an old diesel. So many young guys waste money putting bodykits on their diesels and I just don't see the point. At the end of the day you are still 'spendin' a favour and the £100 or so that the paint will cost, which you could easily put away for when you get a better car and maybe have that one resprayed. I know it is so tempting to throw money at your car trying to make it look better, but I really regret the money that I have wasted on s*it over the years. Keep the diesel as a cheap run around and drive it into the ground until you have saved up for a better car and your insurance comes down. Whislt you may feel like people are laughing or looking down on you for driving an old diesel I can assure you that they laugh harder at the kids who try and Max Power their old bangers!

steve@cornwall
How about black with a red stripe, like BA's van? I piddy da fool!!

All these comments telling you not to do it are counter constructive but I agree with them all. Although you may be able to get it done on the cheap, is there really any point dressing up an old diesel. So many young guys waste money putting bodykits on their diesels and I just don't see the point. At the end of the day you are still 'spendin' a favour and the £100 or so that the paint will cost, which you could easily put away for when you get a better car and maybe have that one resprayed. I know it is so tempting to throw money at your car trying to make it look better, but I really regret the money that I have wasted on s*it over the years. Keep the diesel as a cheap run around and drive it into the ground until you have saved up for a better car and your insurance comes down. Whislt you may feel like people are laughing or looking down on you for driving an old diesel I can assure you that they laugh harder at the kids who try and Max Power their old bangers!

Why not do up the diesel? Over time wheels interior,trim etc can be installed to make a smart looking car.All could be transfered to a gti when insurance allows. Original parts could be returned and a tidy, reasonably cheap diesel will always find a buyer, some traders may even prefer having that to a gti needing work so a deal could be made!

Definately avoid the "MAX-POWER" look though, bit ridiculous IMO and much less saleable?

I say "good for you" for this approach!

Guest the boyracerrr

hmm i dunno wot to do so many decisions lol

DaveW

two tone is making a come back....

notamondayfan

the phrase "you can never polish a turd" springs to mind.

u could put the nicest paint, mint interior, perfect wheels all together, and u might think "yea its nice", until u turn the ignition and u hear the diesel chugging away!

at 17, i got a mk3 fiesta, and ragged the s*ite outa it! neva had any intention of moding it, but it lasted 2 yrs, and did me proud.

if i were u id think long term, especially as ull b workin in a garage in a few yrs time.

y not buy a gti now, and slowly work on it when u have the cash. u could have a really mint gti by the time ur old enough to have sensible insurance.

oh n another point, if ur areas so dodgy, do u really wanna b parading around in a flashy paint job, nice wheels, ice, etc etc if its jus gonna get burned down to the ground a month later!!

jus my thoughts! :blush:

Sign in to follow this