• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willxs

Wont Start (please Help)

willxs

changed the gearbox over on my 205 the other night only to find it wont fire up now :wacko:

it turns over, theres fuel, sparks and all seems in order but the only problem is it wont fire up and run!

Whats going on? its really pi55in me off now as how something completely inrational like changing the gearbox stops the engine from working!

Regards, will

j_turnell

Ecu temp sensor plugged on the right one? Blue plug on blue terminal. Connections on the afm plug all ok?

DaveK

have you stuck all the plugs back in that you removed? might sound daft but i had problems gettin mine to start and realised id forgotten to put the afm plug back on :wacko: lol

smighall

This is exactly what happened to me after i changed the cambelt. I cleaned up the ECT plug and AFM plug and it sprang into life.

steve@cornwall
This is exactly what happened to me after i changed the cambelt. I cleaned up the ECT plug and AFM plug and it sprang into life.

Also check that not only are the plugs plugged in, but the wires havn't pulled out slightly from the plugs esp. the blue temp plug-will overfuel too much to start car! If this has happened you'll need to clean the plugs to have much hope of it starting .

willxs

thanks for the replies.

i'll have a good nosey around them all but im sure there all in and that i never touched them.

i'll dwelve further into the temp plug as it does seem to soak the plugs in fuel

Cheers.

willxs

it fired up today, but then died instantly shortly afterwards.

i think its overfueling quite alot, as it stinks.. what could cause it?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this