• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSimon

Piggy Back Ecu

PsychoSimon

Evening all, just wondering if anybody knows how much adjustability there is with a piggy back ecu?

As some may know i am after changing my mi16 injection system to one which has no AFM so i can get some decent throttle response.

I know there are people like chipwizard who can map almost any ecu but he is expensive as it is a unique kind of work etc,

my question is, how much adjustability does a piggy back ecu give (something like a dastec unichip) and would i be able to fit an OE injection system such as the magnetti marelli 8p or another afm-less system, then fit a unichip and get that mapped by somebody like mikeanics or somebody closer? Would they be able to get it to run the mi16 efficiently?

I could also map it myself by the looks of some of the things i have seen online if i use a wideband lambda sensor.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated guys,

Regards,

Simon

petert

You're better off chopping off the Motronic plug and grafting on an aftermarket ECU. All the existing wiring can be re-used. The AFM wires become the air temp sensor and MAP sensor.

Rob_the_Sparky

I suspect though that he is not intending ont spending that much. Certainly the thing to do if you have the budget though, he says preparing to spend the money...

PsychoSimon

Your right Rob.

Havin said that, i have seen the megasquirt ecu on DIYAUTOTUNE.com for the equivilant of 150 quid so that may be an option.

have also emailed chipwizards to see how much a remap of the magentti ecu would cost me

Sign in to follow this