• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pug205rally

1.6 Gti Peugeot Standard Upgrade

pug205rally

Have come across an B reg 1.6 GTI with all original paper work from new which appears to have had a Cam upgrade from peugeot which was a free dealer upgrade offer when new. Have all paperwork from new 2 owners only and just sold by old lady, the car is tatty but engine appears in great condition and goes better than the average 1.6 GTI

Does anyone who knows about the history know about Dealer engine upgrades on early cars or where I could look on the web.

Could take apart and look but hoped a 205 guru on the site might know.

Cheers

Simon

TEKNOPUG

Sounds dubious to me. There may have been a couple of dealers offering it but I can't imagine it being a standard Pug option or even using a Pug cam. If you have the paperwork then maybe it will give the dealer name?

Anthony

I do remember there being something like this on the older cars... I'll have a fish through my random 205 docs and see if I can find anything

Robsbc
I do remember there being something like this on the older cars... I'll have a fish through my random 205 docs and see if I can find anything

There was a kit from Peuegot back in 1985 available.

pug205rally

Thanks for looking - its appreciated , I know its an odd question but did get me curious

pug_ham

The kit from Peugeot was a factory fitted option that increased the bhp from 105 to 125bhp iirc but it wasn't a free option.

If your car has this with the accompanying paper work you have a very rare engine imo.

Graham.

petert

I think it was well documented in a book called "Peugeot 205 GTI: The Enthusiast's Companion". It had the bigger valves (later std. in the 115hp), higher compression ratio, bigger cam and a higher rev limit.

pug_ham
I think it was well documented in a book called "Peugeot 205 GTI: The Enthusiast's Companion". It had the bigger valves (later std. in the 115hp), higher compression ratio, bigger cam and a higher rev limit.
I'll try to check the book tomorrow & see what it says but that sounds right.

IIRC rev limit was raised to 7k with a different ecu.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this