• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richard1981

205 Gti - 205td

richard1981

I acquired a 205 Turbo Diesel (1.9, L reg) off my nextdoor neighbour last night. He punctured the radiator and ran it dry (trying to get home from Cardiff) until it finally stopped and wouldn't start again. Anyway, I tried to get it started with no joy so he has given it to me to take anything I want for my 1.6 GTi :angry: . I need a list of parts that are swappable between the cars so I know what I can have, once I have what I want out of the list I will be selling any other parts on the forum. Please can someone post up a list of swappable parts for me as I have no idea!! :rolleyes:

pug_ham

Front callipers (if the discs are vented), front wishbones, driveshafts & ARB if its an STDT.

Thats about all.

Graham.

DaveW

black dash

inferno

twin plug n play fans... phase 2 rear lights, repair therad if the hole isnt too big too...

pug_ham
black dash
Depends on model, STDT's don't have a black dash, as you know Dave but in your favorite colour. :D
twin plug n play fans... phase 2 rear lights,

Twin fans aren't really needed, all they actually do is cool the water temp quicker when sat in traffic so they aren't that great a benefit imo.

Graham.

Alastairh

Lock set if its a 1 key job (thats £30 its self)

Parcel shelf if good, Seat bolsters if its agti style seat. Grill, bonnet, rear windows (the non pop out ones are sought after) rear boot panel. Exhaust, Clear indicators.

Should keep you busy.

Alastair

pug_ham
Parcel shelf if good, Seat bolsters if its agti style seat. Grill, bonnet, rear windows (the non pop out ones are sought after) rear boot panel. Exhaust, Clear indicators.

Parcel shelf will depend on interior colour, shouldn't have a boot trim on an L reg, rear windows should be pop outs but again depends on spec. Exhaust is same backbox as GTi, I have one & its same listed part number in Arvin catalogue as GTi, rest is very different.

Graham.

richard1981

Bloody hell I didn't realise there would be that much. Im looking forward to getting stuck in now!!

Cheers for all the replies.

Rich.

DaveW
Depends on model, STDT's don't have a black dash, as you know Dave but in your favorite colour. :D

ahem you love it seing as you have one :( Anthony is abit partcal to abit of beige too ;)

Bassman

Isn't the starter motor on the TD smaller, but more powerful than the GTi and can be transferred?

Not sure, can somebody confirm?

pug_ham
ahem you love it seing as you have one :ph34r: Anthony is abit partcal to abit of beige too :D
Maybe but at least we didn't go buy a whole Biege car to celebrate our love of the colour. :D
Isn't the starter motor on the TD smaller, but more powerful than the GTi and can be transferred?
It might be smaller but it is a more powerful motor even if the same size so Yes, starter motor can be used also.

From the breaking topic Richard has started it is a Sceptre model which might have the black dash but more likely to have solid front discs & possibly even base model suspension & front ARB set up imo.

Without seeing the car though its all guess work.

Graham.

richard1981
Maybe but at least we didn't go buy a whole Biege car to celebrate our love of the colour. :ph34r:

It might be smaller but it is a more powerful motor even if the same size so Yes, starter motor can be used also.

From the breaking topic Richard has started it is a Sceptre model which might have the black dash but more likely to have solid front discs & possibly even base model suspension & front ARB set up imo.

Without seeing the car though its all guess work.

Graham.

It has a grey dash. As for the discs and the rest I have no idea yet. Haven't looked it at properly, I will get take a few pics on the weekend!

gats15

IS THERE A REAR JET WASHER OR PART TO FIT WHERE ONE SHOULD BE?

richard1981
IS THERE A REAR JET WASHER OR PART TO FIT WHERE ONE SHOULD BE?

Yes I think there is.

Rich

hexhamstu

can i have the bolsters posted if its a gti style seat and its got some decent ones?

richard1981
can i have the bolsters posted if its a gti style seat and its got some decent ones?

Sorry mate they are s*itty standard seats with no bolsters.

Rich.

hexhamstu

nae bother.

Sign in to follow this