• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kartman

Xsi/gti Wheels On Xs

kartman

I have a set of 106 XSi five spoke alloys on my 205 XS with 185/60 tyres. But they protrude just outside the front wing. :D

Will pepperpot 205 GTI 14" wheels sit further in? :D i.e. do they have a different offset?

BERTMAN

would GTI arches cover them up?, ya could put some GTi archs on it all round maybe? might work and ya can keep the XSi wheels...

Guest smokinslim

As long as they don't catch anywhere why worry about it?

e1022.jpg

The front wheels always stick out a bit more than the rears as the track is wider on the front.

If you're running base model setup upgrading to the wider gti drums on the rear would even it out a bit.

kartman
As long as they don't catch anywhere why worry about it?

Because looking at the blue book regs for road rallies.....which I intend to enter with it.....suggest they may be dubious at scrutineering.....'wheels and tyres are free but must fit inside the original arches' :)

sekim
Because looking at the blue book regs for road rallies.....which I intend to enter with it.....suggest they may be dubious at scrutineering.....'wheels and tyres are free but must fit inside the original arches' :)

I ran an XS with XSI wheels on a few rallies and never got turned down at scrutineering so I wouldn't worry about it.

To answer your original question though, yes the offset is different on the XSI wheels and I think running the 1.6 pepper pots should just about tuck the wheels inside the arches.

You're definitely not allowed arch extensions though!

Sign in to follow this