• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest frew

Wobble Under Acceleration?

Guest frew

Hi, ive used the search fuction and seen a cople of topics regarding this and have tried everything mentioned but its still there!!

Im getting a wobble through the wheel on acceleration mainly in second and a little bit in third, there is no vibration after about 50 mph and it only happens when accelerating.

Ive just yesterday finished quite alot of work on the car replacing both front wheel bearings, fitting new springs, group a top mount rubbers, bearings and both driveshafts (new).

The vibration was not there before i done the work to the car. I have checked the gearbox bolts are tight and had the tracking done this morning and the vibration is still there!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Graeme

Craigb

are the hub nuts done up to the correct torque? and the bearings seated properly ?

And a daft one wheel nuts ?

Guest frew
are the hub nuts done up to the correct torque? and the bearings seated properly ?

And a daft one wheel nuts ?

Hub nuts have been checked and wheel nuts are brand new and tight.

Any chance it could be a duff driveshaft or the diff it the gearbox playing up?

Craigb

Don't know ...

first thing i would do is get the front end in the air on stands and give all the moving parts a good tug ..

the wheels have been balanced haven't they ?

Alastairh

Just check,

Wheel balancing

Check everything is torqued up right

Engine mounts

Banjo

Mine does this and its the driveshafts, so i'd be tempted to say duff shaft mate.

Ben

DaveK

what about the tyre pressures mate? i get wobbling on my vectra cos i have a slow puncture and it wobbles when it gets too low. Also have u lokoed at the wishbone bushes and ball joints?

could be the ball joint that has went kaput if uve taken the hubs off

Guest frew

Thanks for everyones input so far, gonna have another look tomorow.

Will check everything mentioned and if all else fails i recon it could be a duff driveshaft and i will need to live with it for a while!

Cheers Graeme

jim205GTI

Someone please correct me if i am wrong but if the discs weren't true and flush to the face of the hub could this also cause the vibration?

jonnie205

drive shafts 100%

Banjo
:)

jonD6B

I'd also check the shafts for condition and location.

Sign in to follow this