• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BERTMAN

205 Rallye, What Engine?

BERTMAN

ok, 205 UK spec rallye what engine does it have? i know the euro spec has the TU24, but does the UK have the TU3s engine (phase 2 XS + GT/AXGT) 85bhp or some iron block unit? 75bhp??

reason is ive found 1 that i might buy...its a 92 on a K-plate if that helps...

Rippthrough
ok, 205 UK spec rallye what engine does it have? i know the euro spec has the TU24, but does the UK have the TU3s engine (phase 2 XS + GT/AXGT) 85bhp or some iron block unit? 75bhp??

reason is ive found 1 that i might buy...its a 92 on a K-plate if that helps...

205 XS engine I think.

BERTMAN

thats what i thought, until i read on here that its the 75hp unit out of the SR not the TU3s?

Rippthrough
thats what i thought, until i read on here that its the 75hp unit out of the SR not the TU3s?

I'm 90% sure its the TU3S, but I think there's a few owners on here, so they can confirm/ridicule.

Sandy

It is the TU3.2, an amalgum of later Iron block and earlier alloy head, with two stage Solex carb. 75bhp, it is not an XS engine, even though it looks like one from above, the only other model to feature this engine spec afaik was the 106 pre cat, non-injection 1.4.

BERTMAN

cool, is the head the same as an XS?

Sandy

Similar, but not the same.

trogboy

The carbs are slightly different between the rallye and the XS as well; apart from being jetted differently and the carb on the rallye has a smaller secondary venturi. The cam is different too.

bren_1.3

all the UK rallye's have the iron blocked motor. theyre *with respect* s*ite.

like i said in your other thread ALLOY BLOCKED 1360 from an xs is the way forward.

TB_205GTI

LOL how can you call a 205 with 75Bhp for a Rallye :rolleyes:

pugrallye

well stick whatever engine in you fancy and call it what you like!

Sign in to follow this