• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bren_1.3

Gti To Xs Wiring Loom.

bren_1.3

the new rally car is basically a 1600 gti on an E reg, so its a phase one.

its having a modified TU put in it, TU24 cylinder head and TU3S bottom end.

im having a few thoughts about the wiring loom in general.

A) will the gti's engine sensor loom clip straight up to the TU's engine sensor loom?

-_- am i going to have to bodge the gti's ignition module wiring into the TU's loom?

if i rip out all the old e.c.u wiring loom from the gti am i going to cut any wires in the ignition loom that wont allow the car to start up straight away? i.e am i going to cut anything vital once i remove the e.c.u?

cheers :D

christopher
the new rally car is basically a 1600 gti on an E reg, so its a phase one.

its having a modified TU put in it, TU24 cylinder head and TU3S bottom end.

im having a few thoughts about the wiring loom in general.

A) will the gti's engine sensor loom clip straight up to the TU's engine sensor loom?

:D am i going to have to bodge the gti's ignition module wiring into the TU's loom?

if i rip out all the old e.c.u wiring loom from the gti am i going to cut any wires in the ignition loom that wont allow the car to start up straight away? i.e am i going to cut anything vital once i remove the e.c.u?

cheers :(

I take it you are not using a Dizzy bren?

bren_1.3

yes im using a dizzy. its just that the ignition module pin out has 5 pins and the TU as far as i can remember has 3 pins?!

EDIT: im not quite sure if the e.c.u is connected to the ingition side of things? i thought it was for the injectors on the gti?

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

pugrallye

grab a TU loom, which runs down nearside inner wing, rip out all the sensor wires but keep the rest and reuse the gti sensor loom (removing engine management wiring from it)

Edited by pugrallye

Sign in to follow this