• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nathanlgd

Mi16 Stalling!?

Guest Nathanlgd

Right, my problem started on sunday night when I thought I'd run out of petrol. I was low but I've been lower before with no problems. The car would start but cut out when I stopped revving it. I put a few litres of petrol in it today and it was abit hit and miss to start with but I expected that. It would stall randomly for about 5 minutes but by the time I got to the petrol station it seemed fine. Then I drove to the gym without a problem. After the gym it start without a problem but then stalled twice one the way out of the car park and once on the way home.

Previous to this problem I've noticed it getting harder and harder to start. From cold it would take at least two turns of the key before it would fire.

Any ideas of what to check?

One thing I think is that its running a little rich since we fitted an FSE about 2 months ago. Its using roughly the same amount of petrol - maybe a little more but it smells a little rich from the exhaust.

Cheers for any replys.

Guest Nathanlgd

I've also noticed that it seems to be spluttering a little sometimes and once or twice at low revs the accelerotr has had no effect for a few seconds whilst the engine is still running.

Any ideas?

Sign in to follow this