• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkdave

Please Tell Me What This Is!

yorkdave

i have cut out all the unnessary parts of my interior loom (central locking, electric windows, etc.) but i don't know what this black box of tricks does. when cutting the central locking motors and wiring out, most of the wires lead to this box and it mounts on the steering column just below the wheel, there is also a relay attached. the only wires left go back to the fuse box, does any one know what it is before i just rip it out any way! there is a picture below.

whatsthis.jpg

RobMGti

Well Kiekert manufacture Electrical Window Systems and Modules so im going to go with - The control box for the remote central locking :wacko:

Rob_the_Sparky

Yep looks very like the central locking control box on my 309

Dream Weaver

Defo central locking, I removed mine accidentally and was puzzled why the doors weren't locking :wacko:

Ryan

The white (usually) relay next to it is the buzzer you hear if you leave your lights on.

Super Josh

That is the central locking controller for phase 2 cars, that have PLIP.

Josh

richsmells

When my immobiliser got drowned by the heater matrix for some reason mine went mental.

The doors locked and the light buzzer went off like a siren! Quite scary as I was driving at the time. :wacko:

Jer309GTi
When my immobiliser got drowned by the heater matrix for some reason mine went mental.

The doors locked and the light buzzer went off like a siren! Quite scary as I was driving at the time. :(

Hehe, reminds me of the time the matrix went in my old 309 and soaked the wiring for the towbar electrics. No funny noises but lots of smoke where the relay got hot and started burning the paper I just put down to soak up the water :D

ablister

I had this and the 9 way brown connector for engine sensors/starter etc disconnected and when i was putting them back on, i got them mixed up (both are same fitment brown connectors :D ) and connected them to each other by mistake. Was wondering why the engine wouldn't start and the locking was clicking and jumping... :(

KRISKARRERA

Got exactly same sack of s*it on my 405, I bet they're not cheap from pug!

yorkdave

thanks alot fellas, it will be gone by the end of the day!

GTI_Lee

where about is that on a 205?? thing is my central locking isnt workin, maybe the owner before me has taken that out?

thanks lee

Ryan

If you take off the plastic cover under the steering column (not the little one directly behind the wheel, the bigger one with the little shelf by your right knee) then it should be mounted on a metal bracket just to the left.

Edited by RyanMoore

GTI_Lee

im on about that thing in the first pic, not the earth mounting.

thanks nayway lee

Ryan

The earth points are on the large metal bracket that supports the steering column itself. The central locking module is mounted just to the left of this, tucked behide the plastic around the centre console.

Sign in to follow this