• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Mi16 Wiring Help

AndyR

Hi all

Im helping a local 205 owner install my Mi16 engine I sold him, the wiring loom in his car is a little different to my own car.

Im installing the loom from the 405 Mi16 Motronic, thats all in.

My difficulty is finding the switched +ve wire inside the 205 to bring into the engine bay to connect to the end of the mi16 loom.

Same goes for the main earth wire for the loom. Just cant find it, the rest are taken care of.

Any idea where these wires go in the car and best place to look.

inferno

stick a multimeter under the bonnet or a test lamp and probe until u find a live thats switched:P

or do a search... thats how i found my first wiring diagrams and pin numbers for my very first conversion :blush:

M@tt

you could use wire 32 which comes out of pin 8 on connector K of the fuse board this is the main switched feed to the instrument guages and goes through fuse 2, this comes live on the accessories key turn

or you could use wire 32a which comes live on the M key setting this was used for the tachemetric relay which you no longer need if you've got the mi and this comes out of pin2 on connector E

HTH

Matt (now the king of wiring diagrams :ph34r: )

Sign in to follow this