• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ada205

8v Distributors

ada205

Hi everyone.

Had a look through old threads and could'nt find anything conclusive, so hoping one of you guys can give me a answer to my question.

The question is simply are there any differences between 1.6 & 1.9 dizzy's other than vacume? The reason i need to know is, as some of you may have seen in a post i put up last week, my Mi16 keeps killing dizzy's. Think the reasons been solved thanks to Martin at PRD, and i was going to get another recon, or maybe a new one, but in the mean time i have free Access to one off a 1.6, and we like free!!! Sure I've heard you should use 1.9 dizzys, but my Mi dont use vacume advance, so is there anything else different?

Also, anyone know if you can get direct fit, uprated dizzy's from anywhere? If so, where from? and has anybody tried this trick mentioned in the second paragraph of this artical by top bloke Dave Walker, using a dizzy of a 1800 16v golf, and cap from a cav? http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_projects_TT205.html

Any help of advice much appreciated. Adrian.

Miles

The amount of advance is different between the 2, I;ve only found the 16v Dizzy's to be a problem and never the 8v items as your running Carb's I see. You can use the vacume advance on the 16v by using the take off on the Inlet manifold.

The reason behind the Golf one if that it's a hall effect and can run a aftermarket ECU, You use the std Golf cap as well

veloce200
The reason behind the Golf one if that it's a hall effect and can run a aftermarket ECU, You use the std Golf cap as well

i went the golf disty route on my car to use emerald - just less work than crank trigger set up - i use some kind of vauxhall cap (can't remember which one) which enables you to use the std pug leads.

Sign in to follow this