• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rooster

Ecosse Valence Won On Ebay Restored

rooster

won this on ebay from laurence on forum we swapped in the end for good standard front valence, my first repair job and im well happy :D:D

1 a sorry state it was in

VAL1.jpg

VAL2.jpg

2 the fibre glass repair done

VAL3.jpg

3 the end result

VAL4.jpg

VAL5.jpg

my new bumper comes from autofive this week and my car is in the shop getting a new rear bumper after my rearend bump :D but a least i get all new front and back plus the valence is ready for paint now :D

DaveW

looks good as new :D bewere them lights aint cheap! if you not got them...

Alastairh

Looking good

rooster

i have two lights i may blank off two holes

im looking for a cheaper alternative as im not paying £50 a light (im a skinflint :D )

just gotta rub the primer down lightly then 4 coats of arctic white. :D:D

Paintguy

Nice work :D

rooster

cheers paint guy

i was quoted £300 to respray my chipped sills but i thought that was too much for not so much paint

new1.jpg

its the bits under the doors on both sides they were a ford garage tho , prob £30 an hour a well ill get a quote on a full job.

as you can see in my paint pics my weight bench is getting used even when the wife said i wouldnt, i new id use it :P

ill never be thin :lol:

Guest smokinslim

You could use the spare two holes to feed air to your front brakes perhaps...

rooster

its only standard so the brakes are fine and i dont drive that mad :D

two coats of paint on up now 3 more to go (spray cans) then tcut and 3 layers of polish.

im still waiting for auto five to deliver my front bumper :P i hope it comes before my car is back im looking at next weekend to fit it all :D

timmsy19

have you tried www.tuning.co.uk for the lights as they supply the same kit if y buy the front valance on its own its only £58 for 4 lights (2 drive and 2 fog)

rooster

ive been on the site and asked if they do the spots seperatly.

3rd coat of paint is on, im gonna finish all coats by sun then let it dry for a week then next weekend tcut and polish for fitting :P

rooster

ooh suits you

£58 plus 9 postage for 4 spots :):) bargain

sold :D

RHULPUG

Good job! Glad to see the valance is being put to good use, in fact, far better use than that weights bench....should've done a swap on that too:) Post a pic when it's all on your car, but no doubt will see it at FCS!

Henry Yorke

Looks well. As you haven't masked the mesh off, I would spray that white too as it will look quite well and saves you some hassle.

rooster

the mesh was a decision i was going to cut it out and replace but couldnt be bothered with the hassle as it was glued in with lots of stuff.

i may leave it white but i think it will rust through after a bit, i have some red hammerite for the large bit which i may brush on.

i will have it on for the FCS if auto five finally deliver my front bumper as its bin two weeks nearly :(

another phone call is needed

Hilgie

my car is sorrento green and I haven't taken the mesh out when spraying either...looks good!

rooster

new bumper has arrived :D:D

but cant get the car till monday :) thats my weekend of 205 pleasure putting the new front end on foiled ;)

so its looking like wednesday and i bet it rains :(

its just not fair ;)

Sign in to follow this