• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Tdc/crank Sensor

Ren

Can anyone help me? I'm after a TDC sensor for a phase 1 mi16, been to Peugeot, Eurocarparts, Gsf and a few other carplaces and no one supplies them anymore. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one as I need it to finish my conversion off. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers, Ren.

Ren

Does anyone know where I can get 1 from, it is the same part that is in mad proffesors post about cas sensors. Tried numerous other parts shops and have spent ages trawling the web and still had no joy. Beginning to stress me out as the conversion is nearly complete but the car won't run without this. Cheers, Ren.

Guest SeanT

Ren,

For parts I have trouble sourcing I use these guys, usally able to help....

www.peugeotparts.co.uk

Sean

Does anyone know where I can get 1 from, it is the same part that is in mad proffesors post about cas sensors. Tried numerous other parts shops and have spent ages trawling the web and still had no joy. Beginning to stress me out as the conversion is nearly complete but the car won't run without this. Cheers, Ren.

sonofsam

or www.partsgateway.co.uk also very helpfull

Veero

I went to a scrappy and found a rear ended 52 plate 307 with the BE3 box on. Took about 10 minutes to get a pipe out the way and then a 10mm socket later and it came out. Identical to the crushed one I had for my Mi and it seems to work fine.

Was £4. I assume most Pugs with BE3 boxes use an identical CPS.

Veero

Ren

Excellent, cheers for the replies, I'll try the 2 companies listed and see if they can help, if not i'll have to trawl the scrappies. Cheers, Ren.

inferno

the one mad proffessor needed was a longer auto box type one. these can be found on bx gti autos. most other pug/citroen use the same senser, have a look in the local scrappy, would probly be cheeper than me posting you one!

Veero

The on I got from the scrappy gives totally the wrong resistance across the ECU pins which I guess is perfectly feasible given its from a much different car.

The original one I had gives the correct resistance as per Haynes manual but alas gives only little voltage when it's cranked on the starter when it should prodcue around 2.5V on cranking. It has a big crunch mark in it tho so Im guessing it's been fitted to the box while it was fitted/removed in the past (not by me) and is thus shafted.

Im hoping this may be the root cause of my problems...

Veero

Ren

I'm hoping a new one will cure all my probems as well, all my fuelling components go haywire as soon as I turn my ignition on causing a lot of head scratching and cursing. Eventually I got Mike from 205 parts to come and have a look and after a good hour or so of going through my wiring he noticed the sensor i have in (plastic canister with a small metal pin in the middle) is the wrong one even though I was told it was definitely correct when I bought it. Hopefully a new one will solve this and allow me to finally take it for it's mot.

Veero

Sounds strangely familiar....

Im hopefully getting the correct one soon as. Should sort it all out.

Veero

Veero

Right Yeomans Citroen in Exeter can get the part in next day apparently.

OE P/N is 591875 and costs £13.89 + the dreaded.

Phoning round the other usual suspects (Euro and GSF) was met with "sorry can't help you."

Hopefully getting mine first thing. :wacko:

Veero

Edited by Veero

rich_w

Just done a little searching on the pug parts cd:

http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/405F/5/59M01A.HTM

Which suggests the sensor you ordered is for 8v or derv's (Obviously I could be wrong!)

Edited by rich_w

Veero

Yes helpfully I phoned again to check and alas the TDC sensor is as above,

The speed sensor is P/N 591880 which is £55.26 + VAT :wacko: Bah.

So do I need a TDC sensor or a speed sensor? I thought the 2 were the same thing :D ??

Veero

Edit: Balls, just looked at the pic and 51875 is completely the wrong bit. That is indeed the sensor that came off the 8v. Shame they don't have a pic of 591880 there. (Not meant to be looking anyway as Im at work...)

Edited by Veero

Ren

The second part you mentioned sounds more like it, the guy I spoke to at Peugeot told me they would have cost about £70. Let me know how you get on if possible as I have mailed the companies mentioned and had no reply yet. I'll give them a ring in a bit to see if they've had any joy. Everywhere I've been has either said they don't do them or bought the plastic one out.

rich_w

591880 looks like the first pic from this thread:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=58583

The bit sticking down has a bolt hole.

I did a scrappy run the other day and picked up a pair of plastic body CAS's one from a 405 with a XU10 lump and a xantia with a XU10 lump. I should be able to test these (depends how easy it is with PAS pipes in the way :wacko: ) if it would help anyone. I paid £1 each so i'm not bothered if there not right.

I had a look around to see if anyone was doing them new, but had no luck. I nearly got one for my old motronic 1.9 but didn't after I got told the price (I was unsure if it was causing problems or not..).

Veero

Ah crap thats the puppy.

I got plastic sheathed one from a scrappy too and it is completely wrong, was form a 206 tho. An XU 10/Xantia lump sounds more promising though.

Still Im beyond caring about cost now I just want it running. -_-

Veero

Ren

So is that definitely 591880 then? cos the plastic ones don't work and they're the only ones i can find.

Veero - know what you mean about beyond caring, doesn't matter how much it costs as long as it runs!

rich_w

So long as its the same part no. it should be fine.

How many plastic ones have you tired?

Ren

Only tried the one plastic cased one but it was brand new. Also Mike from 205 parts has confirmed that it is the problem.

Veero

Right I have got hold of another one tonight, but lo and behold it's the plastic one.

I stumbled across something in the 405 Haynes manual. It says the resistance across 2 of the ECU pins needs to be between 490 and 660 ohms. Also the test to see if it's ok is to remove the ECU and crank the starter measuring the voltage across those 2 pins. A good sensor should produce above 2.5V.

The metal one I have the resistance across the ECU pins (easier if you just remove the sensor and measure it directly acorss the plug pins 1 and 2) reads 550 ohms, slap bang in the zone above. However the voltage it drops is only 0.2V so its trying but just isnt quite getting there, enough Im supposing to bugger up the signal.

The plastic one I got from a 307 (or a 206 I forget) only reads 350 ohms so Im guessing is completely the wrong type. I tried another plastic one tonight and it's exactly the same. Dammit where can you get the metal ones?? -_- I hope Citroen have the metal one in. Im tempted to say fck it and just spend the £70 if it is metal :D

Also Pug list the 519880 one as fitting the XU9JAZ engine which runs Jetronic and a cat I believe. So potentially it could be completely wrong. They list a different part number for the Mi16.

I dunno. So near yet soo far it seems :(

Veero

Edited by Veero

d-9

Going on form our conversation earlier, the one for the JAZ must be running Motronic, as my Jetronic/cat engine didnt have a crank sensor. Wether that one works with the MI or not, ionno

Veero

Well whatever.

Got 519880 from the CItroen dealer just now, plug it in and it's almost perfect!!

It revs freely, still has the odd missfire but nowhere near as bad as it was. Im about to go for a little drive to see what it's like.

Let you know

Veero

Ren

Sounds promising. I'm gonna pop down my local citroen in a bit then and see if they can get hold of one for me. Strange that Peugeot say that can't yet Citroen can, surely the parts come from the same place?

Veero

Yeah the box had "Peugeot Genuine Parts" and "Citroen Genuine Parts" on but if you ask pug the 519880 is from the XU9JAZ not the 9J4. Citroen only list that one for the Mi. Perhaps the plastic one is for the 2 litre?

Anyhoo it's only partially fixed my problem so im wondering what else is on the blink.

Veero

Edit: Oh and they had it on the shelf so you might be lucky too. £65 inc Vat tho.

Edited by Veero

Ren

Been and ordered it today, should be in tomorrow. Fingers crossed it sorts the problem out, not that there is any rush now cos I took the rear beam off today and I'm not getting the new 1 til the end of the month. Hopefully MOT time is getting nearer.

Sign in to follow this