• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

Tracking Issues

macaroni

I recently fitted some Bridgestone re720s to my xs and noticed that the old Yokohamas were unevenly worn so I asked the tyre place, who fitted the tyres, to check the tracking. The said they couldn't as it was too low at the back for them to fit their 4 wheel geometry equipment on.

So, I went to Kwik Fit, who could meaure the tracking, with a fancy laser powered device, and told me it was 5 degrees toeing out, but they couldn't adjust any Peugeot tracking because their wall chart told them so.

So, I went to Freeways who measured it the old-fashioned way of resting the tracking gauge against the front wheels. This method claimed the tracking was spot on!

I don't want to ruin my shiny new Bridgestones if the tracking is out, so what should I do?

MOVED TO A DIFFERENT AREA OF THE FORUM - SORRY.

Edited by macaroni

JimyFloyd
I recently fitted some Bridgestone re720s to my xs and noticed that the old Yokohamas were unevenly worn so I asked the tyre place, who fitted the tyres, to check the tracking. The said they couldn't as it was too low at the back for them to fit their 4 wheel geometry equipment on.

So, I went to Kwik Fit, who could meaure the tracking, with a fancy laser powered device, and told me it was 5 degrees toeing out, but they couldn't adjust any Peugeot tracking because their wall chart told them so.

So, I went to Freeways who measured it the old-fashioned way of resting the tracking gauge against the front wheels. This method claimed the tracking was spot on!

I don't want to ruin my shiny new Bridgestones if the tracking is out, so what should I do?

MOVED TO A DIFFERENT AREA OF THE FORUM - SORRY.

Thats a load of sweaty bollox from keik fit....didn't expect anything less.

I've had mine laser checked and adjusted no problem. Take it to another tyre fitter with laser checking and get it adjusted there.

They should give you a before and after print out of how it was and how it is!

James

Danxs

yeah, it carp, maybe the one about not geting the gauges on, but no the cant adjust it one, they are just being lazy!

Sign in to follow this