• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mak

Anyone Running An Inlet Temperature Guage

Henry Yorke

Fitted mine the other day

2IMG_8343_Small_-med.JPG

It was just wedged in the coin holder part by careful filing, no holes, no screws, no rocket science to it.

To fit, I just popped the sensor in inlet pipe (on a metal wire to hold it in the airflow and wedged under a jubilee clip), route wire to gromet through into the cabin (in a different place on mine to normal GTI's). then feed the wire up through the dash to the centre airvent and out of the back of the coin tray!

Only downside is that it is not backlit so hard t see at night, but it is just for diagnostic purposes anyway.

I have not recorded a temperature above 37 deg C yet, so still under my 45 deg C threshold. However I am only running about 7 psi. Therefore if I am to up the boost, I will probably need a bigger intercooler. At least I know though!!

Just thought I would pop up a reponse to this thread for future surfers.

feb
To fit, I just popped the sensor in inlet pipe (on a metal wire to hold it in the airflow and wedged under a jubilee clip), route wire to gromet through into the cabin (in a different place on mine to normal GTI's). then feed the wire up through the dash to the centre airvent and out of the back of the coin tray!

Just thought I would pop up a reponse to this thread for future surfers.

Keep an eye on the condition of the wire in the engine bay as mine almost melted at the points it was attached under the bonnet and in the end i had to remove it!

Sign in to follow this