• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zander205

205 1.0 Problem

zander205

i own a 205 1.0 xv8

was driving the car when i heared a loud bang and a big ball of black smoke from the exhaust.

when i pop the bonnet the distributor was off, something inside started to rub all around the casing till it cut through the housing. i have since the got 2 other distributors for the same engine and the car is misfiring a great deal, bought new plug wires and plugs and still nothing can anyone help waht can be the problem? :)

jackherer

I was going to move this to the right section then I realised we dont have one for XV engines :)

The TU section will have to do as thats closest...

Guest ben205
I was going to move this to the right section then I realised we dont have one for XV engines :P

The TU section will have to do as thats closest...

The problem sounds like the order you put your ht's back on your distributor cap. They have to be in a certain order for the firing sequence. Im assuming the haynes manual might tell you. But what id have done was make a note of which ones went where when swapping them.

zander205

i did put them back in the correct position, just the car won't fire at all :P

Sign in to follow this