• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TB_205GTI

Tu 1860ccm 16v On The Rollers

TB_205GTI

Right, I'm getting the enigne remapped this weekend, so I still no not know what it makes.

The specs are:

Farndon 90mm steel crank

EW10 conrods, modified a tad

81mm bore with forged pistons, 0mm deck height

Peugeot Sport Denmark ported and skimmed head

Peugeot Sport 283 deg cams (I haven't measured it, but this is what PeugeotSport DK told me), 10.4mm lift

Ported std. throttlebody

Simota enclosed airfilter

Supersprint 4-2-1 manifold, 400 cells "sports" cat and complete 2.5" system, straight thru' backbox (I'll also try to get it rolled with std. backbox - if there is time for it)

4 bar fuelpressure

So what do you think this will produce in torque and horsepower?

The one that gets the closest gets a free meal at my place - in Denmark :)

Rippthrough
Right, I'm getting the enigne remapped this weekend, so I still no not know what it makes.

The specs are:

Farndon 90mm steel crank

EW10 conrods, modified a tad

81mm bore with forged pistons, 0mm deck height

Peugeot Sport Denmark ported and skimmed head

Peugeot Sport 283 deg cams (I haven't measured it, but this is what PeugeotSport DK told me), 10.4mm lift

Ported std. throttlebody

Simota enclosed airfilter

Supersprint 4-2-1 manifold, 400 cells "sports" cat and complete 2.5" system, straight thru' backbox (I'll also try to get it rolled with std. backbox - if there is time for it)

4 bar fuelpressure

So what do you think this will produce in torque and horsepower?

The one that gets the closest gets a free meal at my place - in Denmark :)

135lbft & 155bhp.

Does the free meal still count when you know you can get a free flight there :D

Edited by Rippthrough

TB_205GTI
135lbft & 155bhp.

Does the free meal still count when you know you can get a free flight there :D

If you use a free flight, then the meal is at Christophers' :)

Sandy

164bhp@6500rpm 135lbft@4700rpm

veloce200

199 hp @ 7500 rpm 150 lbft @ 4800

Batfink

153bhp and 126lbft

B1ack_Mi16

140lbft @~5500

175bhp @~7000

mfield

138lbft @~4800

154bhp @~6600

jack biscuit

is this like pin the tail on the donkey?!

A18_RYU

178bhp @ 5250rpm

159lbft @ 5000rpm

wild guessing game is fun!

Sandy
is this like pin the tail on the donkey?!

I calculated my "guess"!

d-9

Do you include sticker coverage in your calculation?

TB_205GTI

Ok a little update, the cams Peugeot Sport told me was "283 deg" only seems to be "272 deg". The curve is exactly the same as a 1.6 that went on the rollers the same day, apart from being a bit higher :blink:

I'm waiting to get the printout, so I can't exactly remember where max torque was.

Max power was at 7.000 rpm if I remember corretly. One funny and a little disappointing thing is that we had to retard the ignition a bit to stop it pinking, meaning lower power and torque :( I'm running on RON 95, if I had used RON 98 i could have had a higher torque and power, but getting the RON 98 here in Denmark is a paint in the arse and it's a bit more expensive. Before we did any mapping it made 177Bhp and 191Nm. The topend was actually quite ok, but bottom and middle was overfuelling badly. We retarted the ignition a bit and brought the map down to an acceptable level and the bottom and middle was improved quite a bit, but the torque now showed 185Nm and 175Bhp, maybe because the engine was getting warm. We also mapped the idle map to get it to tick over properly, before it didn't do that at all.. A quick road test showed that it drives so much better now, despite the slightly lower readings. There is no hesitation, juping or any other annoying things, and the improved bottom and middle is very obvious. We also had to up the limiter to 7.800 otherwise it would cut just when it had reached max power. So all in all I'm pleased with the result, but too bad it didn't reach 180Bhp - using RON98 and adjusting the ignition again will probably give me 180Bhp and 190Nm. :D I'm getting the curves later today, I'm putting them up later.

On a side not, we also mapped a 406 2.2 Hdi - before it made 124Bhp (don't remember the torque) after 30mins of adjusting, 174Bhp and 388Nm.. WOW!

An almost std. 306 GTI (ported inlet manifold) had 181Bhp and 205Nm, the limiter was moved a bit, but the power didn't rise from the remap at all.

My old Rallye showed 114Bhp and 128Nm (WTF!) before and 120Bhp and 145Nm after

a 406 Hdi 2.0 110Hk showed 105Bhp before and 145Bhp after

A 206 GTI (EW12 inletmanifold, 306 GTI inlet cam, versniers) showed 160 and 195Nm before and 160Bhp and 195Nm after, but with a much improved torquecurve after

A 106 GTI 1.6 showed 155Bhp and 162Nm before and I thik it was 156Bhp and 168Nm after, again improved bottom

Everybody was well pleased with the remaps, even though the max power didnøt rise on most of them.

Edited by TB_205GTI

B1ack_Mi16

Not sure if I was the closest, but at least I think my guess was pretty good then :blink:

140lbft @~5500

175bhp @~7000

140lbft = 187Nm...

All I actually did was to put your engine data with approximately values for the camshaft into the

engine analyzer program, max power @ the correct revs at least, where was the max torque then?

The curve I got has the same characteristics in the 3000rpm area as the Mi16, as I used same specs for the inlet as a Mi16 and gti16 exhaustmanifold :D

Curve:

http://cortex.fa-s.ntnu.no/~kristian/205gt...vers/1860TU.jpg

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

TB_205GTI

Kristian: I'll see if I can get the curves up later, the torque curve is really flat and w/o the dip that the MI has.

B1ack_Mi16
Kristian: I'll see if I can get the curves up later, the torque curve is really flat and w/o the dip that the MI has.

That was what I expected as I've been passenger in some 16v TU's in 106 GTI's, and they seem to have a very flat torque, not the fun-factor of the Mi16 engine at all :blink:

Free meal when I come to Denmark next time?

ak 205

On a side not, we also mapped a 406 2.2 Hdi - before it made 124Bhp (don't remember the torque) after 30mins of adjusting, 174Bhp and 388Nm.. WOW!

a 406 Hdi 2.0 110Hk showed 105Bhp before and 145Bhp after

Everybody was well pleased with the remaps, even though the max power didnøt rise on most of them.

so where these standard cars(if not what modifications) , what management was used with regards the remaps 2 the diesels.

TB_205GTI
so where these standard cars(if not what modifications) , what management was used with regards the remaps 2 the diesels.

Yes bog std. (which you can see from the before figures) It was std. management, but remapped in a new chip. The owners got there original chips so they can swap back if they feel like it. Both HDI's will pass a MOT here in Denmark.

huxley309

Bit late now but i reckoned 180hp 140lb/ft

All guestimated :)

Edited by huxley309

A18_RYU

185Nm and 175Bhp

nice!

whats 185nm in lb/ft?

my guesses were quite close.... :)

178bhp @ 5250rpm

159lbft @ 5000rpm

christopher
177Bhp and 191Nm Before

Thats very impressive Peter..Nice bit of kit you have there now :D Bet all the TU boys on here want one now ;)

Although didn't seem like a 177bhp car I was chasing last time...:):D

TB_205GTI
Thats very impressive Peter..Nice bit of kit you have there now :D Bet all the TU boys on here want one now ;)

Although didn't seem like a 177bhp car I was chasing last time...:):D

Because I had to slow down and wait all time time :D

Trust me it goes much better now - MUCH better.

TB_205GTI

Finally I got the curves.. As you can see it pinked badly on the first run (all the pikes). We didnøt have the time to fiddle with the cams, but maybe we'll try it later on. This is what it looks like:

http://peugeotforum.dk/temp/RH/rh_4.jpg

Sandy

Looks good, are the valves standard size?

TB_205GTI
Looks good, are the valves standard size?

Yes std. valves. I'm thinking a little bit about the TU5JP4 head, it has bigger valves, but I'm not sure about the flowgains on it compared to the J4. Also the chambers are too big to get proper compression, so that needs sorting out as well.

Sign in to follow this