• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Speed Sensor Off The Box.. One With Cable And Electric

Ant

I'm nearly ready to start the 2.0 turbo up but need the speed sensor that has the connection for the speedo cable and wiring cable.

I looked at litterally 80 boxes on my mates scrappy shelf. Not one on a box :lol: either cable or wire.. Not both

Can somone tell me what pugs / cits have this fitted, so i can start looking at other scrappys

Cheers

Ant

Alex G

try 406.

IIRC you dont need the speed sensor anyway!

just plug the 205 speedo cable into the box

then if you happen to bump into what you need in the future you can fit it later

M@tt

i got a 3 wire electric speed sensor from a 206 however i needed to swap the little plastic tooth bit off the end of it with the one from my 205 one so that it meshed correctly with the other plastic bit in the end of the diff housing.

I've got this going spare if you still need one however I'll need the little plastic bit as i'm refitting my old 205 mechanical speedo sensor

Ant

Cheers Matt, but the scrappy did have a 3 wire one.. I need a 2 wire one..

Alex, i read somewhere that i need the wires as they control the speed sensor or something like that, which affects the boost ? I think thats what i read, hence why i need a connector with both.. Ill keep searching

Cheers

Alex G

the only way the ecu can control boost is through the boost control solenoid so if you just unplumb it it will be fine, mine seems to run fine.

although i would be really interested to know what kind of economy you get once its running because mine was terrible! and it would be interesting to see if it was because i didnt use the speed sensor, although i suspect the speed sensor was for something like cruise control or some thing???? because i dont see the relationship between boost and car speed (as opposed to engine speed)

sonofsam

just had a quick read on google and some VSS it seems would cut off/down fuel on decelaration,dont know how true this is on the 2l turbo though.

Ant i got mine from a 306 XSI,if you hve no luck mate,will check my local yard for you

Hilgie

2.0-8V XMs have the 2 wire sensor.

It is needed to decrease fuel consumption because else the engine thinks it's stationary all the time (ie not moving)

Ant

I'd better get searching then.. :D

Sam, if you do spot one at a breakers, let me know

ill get hunting this weekend

Cheers

Ant

jackherer
It is needed to decrease fuel consumption because else the engine thinks it's stationary all the time (ie not moving)

ahhhh, that'll be why my xantia 2.0 turbo uses a crazy amount of fuel (its speedo doesnt work) :)

Ant

i got a 3 wire one this weekend, as ive looked high and low for a 2 wire. Can i make a 3 wire work ? Can i wire it up and lose on of the wires ?

Cheers

sonofsam
2.0-8V XMs have the 2 wire sensor.

So does the speed sensor work in conjuction with the speed module via the ecu or something?

niklas

306 TU5J2 has them

Hilgie
So does the speed sensor work in conjuction with the speed module via the ecu or something?

Yes....part 1625 in your schematics.

Sign in to follow this