• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

Replacing Injectors On 306 Dturbo

Jonmurgie

Having just received a set of new injectors for the DTurbo I'm after any pointers on actually swapping them... is it all pretty straight forward or are they a b!tch like some of the glow plugs?

Anything I need to be careful of etc.?

Cheers

Jon

Jonmurgie

Not to worry, had a full detailed How To from another forum :o

Ahl

Any chance you could post up or link to that how to Jon? I've got some diesel injectors to change in the next couple of weeks.

Jonmurgie

Pretty easy really but make sure you have everything before you start!

The only thing you'll need that isn't in an average tool box is a deep injector socket, 27mm I think (check the size of this, don't take my word for it!). Other than that, a 17mm spanner, 6mm allen key and some screwdrivers. Oh, and a torque wrench.

Get the engine nice and warm (keeps your hands warm Smiley ) and then remove the intercooler. Remove the metal injector pipes and blow them out if you have an airline (this is what the haynes recommends anyway, I can't quite see what 30psi air acheives when the things have 3000psi diesel in them but what the hell for all the time it takes...) Also remove the leak off pipes, being careful not to damage them if you're going to re use them.

Remove the injectors and fish out the two washers from the hole, a telescopic magnetic works wonders here. Then clean the threads, pop the new washers and injectors in with some copper grease and torque them up, connect the unions and leak off hoses back up and then bleed the system through. You're best off with someone to help you do this - place rags around the injectors and then loosen the unions off at the injector ends maybe one turn then get someone to turn the engine over on the starter and tighten up the unions as diesel starts to come out of them, but don't let the engine fire (I don't know why either, Mr Haynes says so tho.)

Then put everything else back on and you're sorted. Any more problems let me know, you should get it done in a couple of hours, the only hold up I had was that some of the washers were a bitch to get out, infact I left one of my old ones in.

Something I forgot! The smaller of the two washers has a concave and convex side to it. You need to fit a brand new one of these so if you don't have some get some! You also need to make sure you fit it the right way up, I think it's convex side up but I'm not 100%.

Ahl

Cheers ears. :)

Sign in to follow this