• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mbayley77

Another Gti-6 Build Problem

mbayley77

Have just taken the Mi out of the 205 and was all going really well until i came to swap things from the MI to the gti-6 engine.

The engine mount that sits at the top of the drivers side. This obviously isnt the same mount as is bolted onto the MI engine!

So then please peoples what bloody mount is this? Is it common with any other engines or models etc? I guess the bit that bolts to the block also has the alternator bolt to it?

Anyone with any pictures or info please help :lol:

cheers in advance.

Hilgie

Use the one that comes with the GTi6. If it didn't come with one then get one at Pug or any 2.0 306 (8V or 16V) or 2.0 Xantia from the scrappy.

whizzer71

I binned the Gti6 mount that came with my engine and fitted the S16 hanger and bracket and also used the S16 alternator and bracket also,you have to cut the air con pump mounting lugs of the front of the sump to get this to fit ,but didnt see this as a problem cos my car hasnt got air con any way.

If you need any help/advice or wanna see one thats done already just mail me at tris.ali@bean210.fsnet.co.uk

Good luck !

Tris.

Sign in to follow this