• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rich_w

Crank Sensors

rich_w

Hi,

I'm just sorting out sensors for my VEMS project and the last one on my list a crank sensor.

Ebay appear ot have lots Vauxhall and Rover crank sensors cheap. Does anyone know if these will do and also fit in the std hole on the gearboxes or will it need some work?

Cheers,

Rich

16v205

Hi

Ive heard the vauxhall cavalier CAS sensors are compatible as there the same required impedence. To be honest just take a multimeter and go poke it on the sensors down the local scrappys. Ive used cas sensors from later peugeot models but you have to be carefull as there is a impendance difference between certain models.

Rich

M3Evo

I adapted a vauxhall sensor for mine (Emerald), it had a plastic housing which I filed away to fit the holder bit, so I guess that the impedance (like Rich says) and physical size are the most important factors :wacko:

rich_w

I have one small problem - I don't have any sensor yet, I'm fitting a VEMS ECU and read up on it, but can't find what sort of range they need or how you program it in.

I think I'll make up a gallon of coffe and have a read again :wacko:

Guest pugpowa

are these the things that sit in the hole in the top of the gearbox? i've got an e36 318 bmw one in mine,perfect fit and seems to do the job.

rich_w

Yup, I was thinking about chasing after a BMW one :D

Shame GSF dont do them, when I last enquired about 1 for my old motronic 1.9 gti they quoted me £70+VAT.

I've got tomorrow off and taking a trip down the local scrappy.

16v205

Only thing you have to look out for is the overall length from the bottom of the sensor to the underside of the tear shaped area that bolts to the gearbox. I cant remember the exact length required but ill measure one up tonight as a rough reference. I remember seeing sensors of variable lengths and one off a vauxhall turbo diesel that would probably be an inch too long.

Rich

rich_w

Scrappy trip sucessful (I hope) I found a late 406 and a Xatina and got them off, I would like to think one of them will work :-)

I nearly got a nice n new coil pack, but it was cracked at the back and some brown gunk that had set solid, shame :wacko:

Sign in to follow this