• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Basingpug

Turbo Technics, 1.9 Gti, Which Turbo?

Guest Basingpug

Hello,

What turbo was used for the 1.9 gti turbo technics conversion the turbo has gone on it and it says its a Garrett m24 a/r48

What will be a direct replacement as this is an old make of garrett and is hard to come by.

Cheers

Rob

tom_m

its a garrett t25, you should be able to get direct replacement on exchange from most turbo places

pdd144c

Owen Developments just up the road from you rebuild my tt turbo. They will also supply new units.

Guest Basingpug

What price was that mate?

Rob

TEKNOPUG
What price was that mate?

Rob

I have a receipt for £500 for a rebuilt T25. Would be cheaper to buy a brand new GT28 from the States

pdd144c

about 600 quid if i remember correctly. depends on how many bits need replacing. mine was completely knackered when it went in.

Tidy_Andy

have been quoted £450 delivered on a brand new t25 from a guy in brazil who was recomended on here.

pdd144c

Turbos do seem to be cheaper to import, but what happens when they go wrong? You may pay more to buy the product over here, but if you do get problems it must be easier to resolve them. Has anyone actually bought one from abroad from here?

tom_m

nick309gtt did didn't he?

Guest Basingpug

So to clarify, a T25 turbo will fit this car. Any one specific? Want to swap the turbo for as cheaply as possible, even a good second hand unit would do.

Rob

205turbo

i would go for a gt series turbo i bought a garrett gt28rs from the usa for £495 delivered it was brand new and not a rebuilt unit, as long as you use the exhaust flange off your old turbo its a straight forward swop. I am currently helping my mate Alex fit nick309gtt old engine into his steel gray 1.9 gti and building my tt back up,

TEKNOPUG

Look for one from a Nissan 200 or similar. You will need to check that it will mate up to the manifolf as the TT one is a hybrid but I doubt you'll have any problems. Bit of a flase economy buying an unknown secondhand one though, to be honest with you. Unless it's very cheap.

cybernck

i think there's a link to a 200SX GT28R auction in offtopics B).

huckleberry
have been quoted £450 delivered on a brand new t25 from a guy in brazil who was recomended on here.

You can probably buy a new GT25R or GT28R cheaper from Ebay from a company. Official Garrett stuff, no China-fake one. They are even cheaper. The " probably" China ones are 500 dollars for a new ball bearing T28.

Still I can relate to the original topic poster's post. What are the TT specs? There are 3 types or GT25R's I believe and even more GT28R's. Which one to get? What are the original TT specs for the turbo?

TEKNOPUG

It's a basic T25 but it's a custom hybrid. Don't have the exact specs o hand but it's designed to have fast spool up (less lag) but sacrificing ultimate power. bear in mind that this is going back to the late 80's and things have moved on a fair bit in terms of design and performance.

DrSeuss

Pieter Oonicx can do pretty competitive prices on turbo's.

He could just about match 205Turbo's price on a GT28RS but he's only in holland so you could go for a fat smoke and blow some money in a drug induced haze. Then drive it back across to the uk.

Sign in to follow this