• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSimon

1.6 Auto Drive Shafts And Hubs?

PsychoSimon

Hi guys,

Just another quickie. does anybody know if the hubs and shafts off my auto will work in the gti? its a 1.9 gti setup. is the automatic the same as this or the same as the 1.6 gti? i read somewhere that you can use base model 205 hubs on a 1.9 gti? if they are the same as the 1.6 ones will my brakes fit onto them? and also am i likely to explode a shaft under mi power?

I'm planning a busy easter lol.

Cheers guys

Henry Yorke

I would say the Auto is more akin to the 1.6 when it comes to driveshafts, however I imagine that the hubs would be the same as 1.6's as I think I retained my original hubs when I swopped to a GTI subframe in my CTI. Therefore the brakes should fit. However I am not sure! Someone on here will know more than me on this. I know there is a difference between 1.6 and 1.9 GTI hubs for both the driveshafts they will take and also the way the calipers fix; you can't fit GTI6 brakes to 1.6 hubs so I am told.

pug_ham

IIRC from working on my mums 205 Auto they are 1.6 GTi driveshafts & base model hubs.

I still have the old disc's afaik at home so I'll have a look tomorrow & should be able to confirm what they are.

Graham.

Ryan

They are definitely base model hubs. I bough a pair on ebay from a seller who assured me they were the same as GTI hubs - they weren't so I had to send them back.

PsychoSimon

pants. thanks a lot anyway guys, much appreciated

Regards,

Simon

Sign in to follow this