• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest woll

Electric Windows

Guest woll

Hey,

I know theres loads of topics on electric windows.....but gonna ask anyway!! :) Does anyone know of a decent guide for fitting your own? Like one with pictures and a good comprehensive description of how to fit (good enough for stupid people to understand)!!

I've got a J 1991 1.6 and have taken the door trim off both doors to have a look. In the drivers door there are 3 connectors doing nothing. 2 are quite big with about 6/8 wires each and theres 1 little one with 2 wires coming out of it (i assume for the switch). Are the 2 big ones for the motor?

The passenger side had no wires/connectors so do I need to make up my own loom?

Anyway, if anyone feels like writing a fitting guide or knows of a good fitting guide on the internet, can they let me know. Also any info on the connectors I've found in the drivers door would be great!

Thanks

Oli

Ryan

In the drivers door the 2-pin plug is for the window motor itself. There should also be 2x 5-pin plugs for the switches.

On the passenger side there would normally be the same, but with only 1 connection for the switch. The wires then go through the rubber grommet in the door, over the top of the glovebox and into a 5-pin plug above and slightly to the right of the fusebox.

The easiest thing to do is to find the door loom from a car that had the windows fitted and just plug everything in. Although you only need to run 3 wires from the plug into the door (the other 2 are for the central locking).

Edited by RyanMoore

Sign in to follow this