• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
huxley309

Coilpack Firing Pattern

huxley309

Anyone have the firing pattern for a 106 or similar coilpack as im about fire up the mi

cheers ;)

Edit:It's a wasted spark system

Edited by huxley309

petert

1342 ?

huxley309

is that starting from the left closest to the connector?

petert

That's just what order the cylinders have to fire. It really doesn't matter how you hook up the coils as long as they fire in the right order. For wasted spark, 1 and 4 fire together and 2 and 3 fire together.

huxley309

Cheers for the help pete the firing pattern was 1,2 3,4

She sounded like a bag of nails heh mate reckons the bodies either need balancing or arent getting enough fuel ;)

Edited by huxley309

rich_w

Huxley what do you mean by the firing pattern is 1,2 3,4 ?

That doesn't sound right?

huxley309

1&2 on the left 3&4 on the right with the connection facing towards you

She is firing correctly but runs rough because it was mapped for a std mi whereas this one is a totally different animal

I wont fire her up again until a mate shows up to map her anyway

Using the 1,3,4,2 pattern she didn't want to know and even backfired but with this one she fires up fine everytime

Edited by huxley309

petert

Good to hear you got it started. If it is a true wasted spark spark system, with two double ended coils, you only have a 50% chance of hooking it up wrong. Cyls. 1 and 3 have to fire together and 4 and 2 have to fire together, so that the engine fires in its correct 1342 firing order. I assume you have two ignition outputs from the ECU/ignition module(s)? It must be one way, or the other.

huxley309

Yeah i do have 2 outputs from the dta even i expected 1,3,4,2 as i know this is an mi firing pattern but yet 1,2 3,4 works fine just chugs like mad to begin with then as the revs puck up she starts to smooth out mind there is a wild catcam in there 283/279 :P

Anyway i phoned a mate who knows the mapper and he suggested the other pattern, i know with a wasted spark theres little chance of getting it wrong but i wanted to make sure it was right anyway :)

First impressions hmm she's gonna be quick :P

Edited by huxley309

Sign in to follow this