• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JimyFloyd

Does Anyone Know....

JimyFloyd

Where the air mix screw for a TU3S Solex carb is? And whats the rough settings for it? I heard that it's all the way in and then 1.5 turns back out to approximate factory settings....although that could be a load of bollox!!! :unsure:

Cheers in advance

James

trogboy

It is located in the rectangular base of the carb. As you look at the carb from the front of the car it is located on the left hand side near the back - just forward of the rear left locating hole with the stud from the manifold coming through it.

Hmmm... Before I started to try and explain it all seemed so simple! :lol:

I don't know the settings, sorry.

JimyFloyd
It is located in the rectangular base of the carb. As you look at the carb from the front of the car it is located on the left hand side near the back - just forward of the rear left locating hole with the stud from the manifold coming through it.

Hmmm... Before I started to try and explain it all seemed so simple! :(

I don't know the settings, sorry.

Cool, cheers for the reply. I think I was looking on the right hand side at that brass screw with the rubber washer :S......which I have no idea what that does!

Anyone know the settings?

Cheers

trogboy

still don't know the settings but you were looking at the idle jet.

christopher
Cool, cheers for the reply. I think I was looking on the right hand side at that brass screw with the rubber washer :S......which I have no idea what that does!

Probably a pump jett cap :D It does nothing except keep the channel air tight so when you put your put down the carb squirts an extra sqish of fuel into the chamber to keep the progression from the idle ciruit to the main smoothish....

Sign in to follow this