• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Mi16 Emerald Wiring

pugpete1108

finally got my 205 off the road for the mi conversion on tbs and emerald managment, if i am going for

spark and fuellling with the emereld ecu i can then i theory rip all the original engine managment wiring out can't i?? and start from scratch with new wiring ,sensors etc

just wanna get the bay as clean and tidy as poss before the mi goes in

cheers pete

Revla
finally got my 205 off the road for the mi conversion on tbs and emerald managment, if i am going for

spark and fuellling with the emereld ecu i can then i theory rip all the original engine managment wiring out can't i?? and start from scratch with new wiring ,sensors etc

just wanna get the bay as clean and tidy as poss before the mi goes in

cheers pete

You can do, but maybe worth marking up the sensor wires etc and retaining the multiplugs to 'splice' in your new loom?

Soldered all mine in using a lengthened Emerald loom (way too short as standard) but retained the main brown multiplug and white/ brown plugs under the dash.

Hope this helps.

Trev

Dream Weaver

I'd start from scratch tbh, with all new plugs and connectors.

Thats what I did, and the loom is all nice and neat now, with all injector connectors brand new. I have my wiring loom here if yuo want a copy? I also rewired the brown multiplug loom for the starter motor, gauge dash wires as well, included in the diagram.

Everything works except the cooling fan - think I got the relay wiring wrong on that, but its a simple fix.

All my loom bits were bought from www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk and came to about £120 for everything, including the proper £30 crimp tool.

I have mine wired in wasted spark on TB's if you need any help. :lol:

A few pics of the loom etc in my sig thread.

Loom is here actually - http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/200...emeraldloom.gif

As said, all works fine except the cooling fan, plus I had to swap the red/yellow coolant wires to get my gauge working.

A few tips - start the loom at the ECU end, but dont tape any wires together until its been routed through to the engine - once all is routed, remove from car and then tape it all up with loom tape - i didnt do this, and had to struggle to do it in situ.

* Disclaimer - the loom diagram is provided as a guide, please follow it at your own risk, I wont be held liable for any damage caused by its use :D

Sign in to follow this