• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ajones12

Glovebox Light Switch

ajones12

I rebuilt the glovebox compartment last night on my 'H' plate 205 (got the car without it fitted) and the light switch is currently left dangling in air. Question is - where should it locate in order to be activated by opening and closing the glovebox?

If anyone has any pics it would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Paintguy

It's only a small pic, but it might help:

2001.jpg

Once the glovebox is in, you cant actually see the switch from the top. It fits into a rectangular hole on the small tray that the glovebox clips into. As the glovebox close, the base of it presses the switch down.

Hope that makes sense :(

KaspaCti
I rebuilt the glovebox compartment last night on my 'H' plate 205 (got the car without it fitted) and the light switch is currently left dangling in air. Question is - where should it locate in order to be activated by opening and closing the glovebox?

If anyone has any pics it would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

With your glove box open look just above the right hand hinge and you will see a small hole (below another similar size hole which should have a rubber bung in it) The light switch pokes through this hole. Your switch should also have (iirc) two little plastic prongs on it, these locate through the corresponding rectangular slots to the left of the two holes mentioned earlier. It's true what they say a picture paints a thousand words, did my best to make description simple :( . Hope it helps

With your glove box open look just above the right hand hinge and you will see a small hole (below another similar size hole which should have a rubber bung in it) The light switch pokes through this hole. Your switch should also have (iirc) two little plastic prongs on it, these locate through the corresponding rectangular slots to the left of the two holes mentioned earlier. It's true what they say a picture paints a thousand words, did my best to make description simple :lol: . Hope it helps

Ooops, just seen Paintguys reply, completely different to my answer. My cars a Phase 1, but I did strip a phase 1.5 car and thought they had the same layout. Sorry for any confusion :blush:

Paintguy
Ooops, just seen Paintguys reply, completely different to my answer. My cars a Phase 1, but I did strip a phase 1.5 car and thought they had the same layout. Sorry for any confusion :(

I didn't know they were any different either :lol: I must have just got lucky, or mines fitted in the wrong place!

ajones12

Cheers fellas - will have a go at the weekend trying to put it together!!

Sign in to follow this