• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ashley peddle

How Do I Make My 205 More 'planted'

Butler

I think its 0 1 or 2

Anthony

They'll be fine for track use even on softest setting.

C_W

It's 0,1,2,3.

You're just wasting your time if you put them on setting 2 or harder.

ashley peddle

i think il put them on setting 1 and see if that makes a difference... will be interesting to see what they are currently on anyways! :(

Anthony
i think il put them on setting 1 and see if that makes a difference... will be interesting to see what they are currently on anyways! :lol:

Honestly, try them on softest first. That's still plenty hard enough for the road.

Remember that Koni's range of adjustment on the rears isn't quite "soft" - "hard" as you'd expect. It's more like "hard" - "very hard" - "spine shattering"... :(

veloce200

agree about the damper settings. unless you have uprated torsion bars anything more than a few clicks up is too much. A lot of people make the mistake in thinking "turn the dampers right up" on track to reduce roll. It doesn't do this. Usually means they have too much bump - reduces grip and too much rebound - reduces grip and also slows weight transfer which makes the car less responsive. RH drive cars will always go better round a RH bend and vice versa. If you had coilovers you could balance it out on the cross weight to sort this out but it will always be the case to some degree.

smckeown

the only time ive heard about cars going round corners one way better than the other, is when they have had chassis damage

Paintguy
the only time ive heard about cars going round corners one way better than the other, is when they have had chassis damage

Unless the driver weighs about 42 stone! That'd certainly move the COG in favour of Right hand bends :(

Edited by Paintguy

veloce200
Unless the driver weighs about 42 stone! That'd certainly move the COG in favour of Right hand bends :(

its more to do with the load on the tyre, the tyre that is lightly loaded from gravity having extra static weight on it improves the cornering. eg Oval cars are set up with weight jacked, track offset different camber on each wheel etc

Edited by veloce200

DaveW

you just need to upgrade to a 309 gti now thats a planted car :)

pug_ham

For the difference in price for new standard rear mounts & group N ones get the group N ones if you don't fancy the group A kit.

One less thing to have to check before the MOT as they are quite a lot stronger & don't split like the standard ones.

I've been running Koni's on my car for the last six months & even on the softest setting thay are fine for all road & occasional track use. I'm upgrading to Bilstein Group N tarmac because one has started leaking. :) Good job the Koni's were free.

Graham.

ashley peddle
For the difference in price for new standard rear mounts & group N ones get the group N ones if you don't fancy the group A kit.

Graham.

dont really fancy a group a kit, but if you could suggest a good group n kit then that would be much apreciated! :unsure: (do baker make them?)

my car is stripped totaly - cou can see everything and i can assure you there is not a crease / repair anywhere :wacko:

you just need to upgrade to a 309 gti now thats a planted car :)

and asshole of the year award goes to... ;)

pug_ham
dont really fancy a group a kit, but if you could suggest a good group n kit then that would be much apreciated! :unsure: (do baker make them?)
Just checked Stew's website & they don't do group N rear mounts, I thought they did but was clearly wrong. ;)
and asshole of the year award goes to... :wacko:
He's applied for patenting for it afaik. :)

Graham.

d-9
I've been running Koni's on my car for the last six months & even on the softest setting thay are fine for all road & occasional track use. I'm upgrading to Bilstein Group N tarmac because one has started leaking. :unsure: Good job the Koni's were free.

Good choice, I had Gravel Spec Bilstein Group Ns on the back of my late 309 and they were superb. However you do know you can get the konis rebuilt?

Ahl

Reitterating what was said before about checking the wishbone bushes, balljoints, ARB droplinks etc (IE the basics), also check the ARB bushes for wear.

DaveW

oh i love it :D right back at cha :lol:

Alastairh

Ash ignore dave, hes feeling a bit off at the minute, as the truth has come out about him. (check 205turbo - pauls signature)

let us know how you get on,

Alastair

Sign in to follow this