• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rippthrough

Single Point Throttle Body.

Rippthrough

Thinking that the single point body on the 306 may be quite a big choke point, just wondered if anybody knows of a bigger/better flowing version that could be used in it's place?

Should have gone for carbs :blush:

DaveW

spi is proper wank it takes ages to get the fuel in, not sure what other options you got really unless you go for carbs or get a mpi head...

blueice

I know, really annoying... Maybe someone on here speaks a bit of dutch?

I did post on page 3 of that thread (ages ago when I had the 1.1 Marelli injection system - Using bosch MA3.1 now), they suggested:

With the magneti unit it's somewhat difficult because there is'n, at least as far as I know, a 1.4 TU engine with a magneti monopoint injection system.

Swap your intake manifold with the one of a 1.4 engine. I've tested this once and the result was suprisingly good.

The 1.1 intake manifold has a very bad flow, the 1.4 is much better.

Maybe their answer would be different for the MA3.1 :)

Rippthrough

Save me making yet another thread - Is it possible to block of the coolant flow around the manifold without causing any adverse affects elsewhere? :)

Guest smokinslim

Not 100% on this but the inlet mani. gasket group buy that's goin on might help shed some light on this mate

Rippthrough
Not 100% on this but the inlet mani. gasket group buy that's goin on might help shed some light on this mate

I imagine stopping 90*c coolant from circulating will help a lot more than the gasket, but maybe the gasket would come in handy to block of the coolant lines anyway....

We already have a PTFE gasket waiting, so group buys is no good for me :)

Guest smokinslim

Sorry was suggesting you should join the group buy, more that people involved with it or even the peeps that make them may be able to help with your problem -_-

Rippthrough
Sorry was suggesting you should join the group buy, more that people involved with it or even the peeps that make them may be able to help with your problem -_-

I already have a PTFE gasket waiting though B)

After spending a half an hour with with my son we've decided that as it just taps into the matrix line blocking it off shouldn't make much difference to the engine (hopefully).

We'll see soon :blush:

Sign in to follow this