• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Wrong Discs.... Doh! Doh! Doh!

madspikes

I've just bought some new front discs for the pug from eurocarparts. I ment to order some ate power groved discs, but i've ended up with ate plan discs. :)

Did I miss order, or have the discs changed, or have they always been like this?

Are these discs going to be ok with some mintex 1144 for track day use?

Could someone help me out with this one?

Mad.

:)

Butler

They'll be fine with decent pads and fluid.

Jonmurgie

Just checked the ECP site and they only seem to list one option for ATE discs so maybe they've stopped doing them?! Shame as they were really very good discs for not much £££... If you want to improve your braking a little more for not too much then I'd recommend going braided hoses, those combined with ATE Grooved discs and the ATE pads on my 8v were brilliant on track, never once fading :)

Dream Weaver

The power discs are actually listed in their "Accessories" bit as an aftermarket add on, separate to the normal "Parts" section :blush:

ECP > Accessories > Power discs - £21.36

madspikes

Doh!

Thats sensible, brake discs as accessories! I see it now!

Now that does leave me with the issuse of having plain discs, when I wanted grovy discs. I could return them, but I have to pay postage which is going to be half what the discs are worth! I'm not sure that that my local ECP place (which I have just discoved existed!) will take them as a return.

Anyone for a pair of ATE standard disc? :blush:

The reason I was going for the groved discs was to try and cut down on glazing and fading during trackdays. I'm already running braided brake hoses, so the discs and pads were the next on the upgrade list as the current ones are knacked. ATE pads, maybe worth thinking about.

Doh!

Edited by madspikes

pug_ham

Ring them up & ask if you can exchange them as you accidentally ordered the wrong items. I think you should be OK & they'll let you do.

Graham.

Anthony
The reason I was going for the groved discs was to try and cut down on glazing and fading during trackdays. I'm already running braided brake hoses, so the discs and pads were the next on the upgrade list as the current ones are knacked. ATE pads, maybe worth thinking about.

Decent pads are the most important thing when it comes to trackday brakes, and should be fine coupled with decent plain disks and DOT 5.1 fluid. ECP will probably accept the disks for exchange providing they're unused, and certainly I've had no problems swapping items with them before now

madspikes

The issue is that I got mail order, so I have to post them back which is a bummer weight wise! I dont believe the local branch will take them because they were mail order.

I think I'll try and get the local branch to swap them, and if they dont I'll just go with the plan discs and good pads and fluid.

Thanks guys.

Mad. :wacko:

mi16nut

I'm pretty sure ECP will take them back at the local distributer. It's not as if they're any cheaper mail order. You'll be paying a little extra too so I can't see it being a problem.

Justin

ECP will definately take them back at the local branch. I had a clutch kit for my 944 which was eventually surplus to requirements (went for uprated setup) which I had bought mail order from Leeds. I returned it to the Reading branch and they forwarded it to Leeds. Took about a week but I got my money back, no worries.

Be warned though, it does state no returns (unless faulty etc.) after 7 days..

Justin

madspikes

Thanks guys! Discs returned to local branch, just gotta wait for a refund!

Brake setup is already to go... New fluid, mintex 1144s pad and ate power discs to join the braided hoses.

Mad. ;)

Edited by madspikes

Sign in to follow this