• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest 309gtitwn

205 Rallye Engine Help (uk Version)

Guest 309gtitwn

im looking at buying a 205 rallye with noisey bottom end just wondering how easy it would be to fit a 1600 rallye or xsi bottom but keep the std head and carb ect any help would be great

trogboy

Technically it is straight forward enough in that the head will bolt straight to the bottom end and the gearbox will fit. You might get issues with the compression ratio of the combo which may need some thinking about and the carb will need rejetting (probably worth upgrading to the 205 xs carb which has a larger secodary venturi).

There is loads of info on this kind of thing in the TU section of the forum though it is spread between quite a few diffierent posts. Have you tried doing a search?

bren_1.3

why not just replace the whole engine with a 1600 rallye or xsi engine, instead of mixing and matching? the 1.4 rallye head isnt the best in the world, and im sure the XSI head has some serious flow potential IIRC.

i agree with trogboy there is a fair amount of info to be found if you search for it.

Guest 309gtitwn

fitting the a 1600 engine would mean rewireing the whole car wouldent it ? and getting ecu ect but i thought buy just useing the bottom end i could use all the oringanl top end and carb ect ? :blush:

trogboy

This is true but I think the point that Bren is making is that the original top end and carb combo won';t let you get the best out of the increased capacity.

bren_1.3

yeh, sorry i didnt make myself very clear did i!!!! what about buying an alloy bottom end from a XS??? i paid a fiver for mine off ebay, (which was very lucky) and they dont tend to go for more than about 40 or 50 quid from the scrappies off ebay anyway.

im just throwing some ideas into the mix here for you though.

Guest 309gtitwn

ive got a my old rallye still to pick parts from but i was thinking of and upgrade while the engine is out of the one im hopefully buying. if its to much trouble il just fit all the parts out of my 57,000 mile rallye :wacko:

Sign in to follow this