• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Leon C

Eibach Pro Kit Springs?

Leon C

Has anyone used these springs with Bilstein Sport dampers?

They're supposed to lower the front by 30-40mm, and the rear 30mm. Is this too much when mated with the Billys as I'm not too bothered about looks, just interested in handling and road compliance.

Also how much do the Skip browns springs lower the car by front and rear?

Cheers Leon.

Paintguy
Also how much do the Skip browns springs lower the car by front and rear?

I suppose if you put enough of them in the boot it'd lower the rear somewhat :D

I assume you are unaware that the 205 doesn't use coil springs on the rear, but instead a torsion bar arrangement. These can be adjusted to lower (or raise) the back of the car, if required. Front uses conventional coil springs :P

Jonmurgie

LOL... classic :D I take it your a new 205 GTi owner then :P

Paintguy

If you do a search for that number (7004) you'll find they can actually raise the front of a GTi. Apparently the listings are wrong.

Search for 7001, That is the correct spring kit, and lowers the front by around 35mm. I've got them on mine, so have a look at the pics in my sig for an idea of how it sits.

EDIT: This topic might be a good place to start: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...&hl=eibach+7001

Edited by Paintguy

Leon C
LOL... classic :D I take it your a new 205 GTi owner then :D

Doh! ...My bad :P

Ahl

You want the Sprint dampers with those springs. These are the same as the Sports, but with a reduced stroke for shorter springs. Many companies get the names mixed up though so chances are this is what you mean.

I've got the 7001 Eibachs on Bilstein Sprints. The ride is good, though firmer due to the shocks. I had the 7001's on OE shocks before and you could tell that the springs were fine. Less bounce and roll but with good road compliance. :P

I'd be interested to try the SBC springs at some point too.

Leon C

Cheers fellas.

Didn't really want the fuss of selling the sprintline springs you get with the kit but if they match the 7001s better, I'll be getting these.

How much shorter are SBC springs?

jonD6B

Try the Billy springs first you might like them.

Nice to see another Staffs. lad on here. :D

Leon C

Just heard that they weren't to much compared with the Eibachs. Aren't they more or less the same springs you get with the Streetline kit as well? The streetline kit is on my car at the moment (was on when I bought the car) and its pretty useless!

Henry Yorke

I love Eibachs and their stuff is on all my cars (and the one I sold to my brother!) Lot too soft and not too hard, the best fast road set up IMHO.

If you want your beam lowering (and springs fitted), my brother has just set up a unit in Longton, Stoke and has done a fair few 205 beams to date. Drop me a PM on here or email him at mike@yorkesport.co.uk

jonD6B
I love Eibachs and their stuff is on all my cars (and the one I sold to my brother!) Lot too soft and not too hard, the best fast road set up IMHO.

If you want your beam lowering (and springs fitted), my brother has just set up a unit in Longton, Stoke and has done a fair few 205 beams to date. Drop me a PM on here or email him at mike@yorkesport.co.uk

What sort of price does he charge for rebuilding beams?

This topic has been covered recently so a quick search will bring up a few more opinions to consider aswell.

Edited by jonD6B

Ahl

The ventura springs that come with the sprintline kit are the same as the streetline springs. You could flog them on ebay for a few quid. :D

Leon C

Cheers bud, I'll be wanting them fitting as soon as Ive got the money to buy em - gotta sell a 106 first! ;)

My beam has already been lowered about 40mm.

Leon C

Just ordered my billy sprintline kit - £350 :)

Was quoted £103 for the Eibach springs from the same place though! :)

Does anyone know wheres the cheapest place to get em from?

Paintguy
Does anyone know wheres the cheapest place to get em [Eibach springs] from?

Got mine from Ebay, for less than half that :)

I think I just got lucky though. Plus the seller turned out to be a forum member :)

Sign in to follow this