• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SeanT

Performance Bug!

Guest SeanT

OK ive had the car in at the local mechanic and everything seems ok, the car is booked in at the rolling road 4th April.....the car is a 205 mi16 with k +n, so whats next....Ive had a read of the various different upgrades that people have done, throtte bodies, ECU, cams etc so what in peoples opinion is the best order to do things, bearing in mind ill have to save for a few things so the misses doesnt notice large sums of money going walkies.....so I reckoon 3-400 per month I can use....

Sean :D

S33GAV

Some inlet catcams seem to be a very good and cheapish upgrade - would be a nice one for starters I reckon. Seem to produce a good 15+bhp increase and apparently make a good difference to the feel of the mi

Anthony

As above really - Catcam inlet-only cam, or a pair of Kent 262 regrinds (PT1601) have both been proven to work and generally give you in the region of a genuine 170-175hp. Kent 262 regrinds are about £160 and the Catcam about £230 from memory.

A search will bring up lots of information on these - Taffycrook in particular has posted alot of useful information that's well worth reading

If you haven't already done so, I would seriously look into spending some money replacing the bearing shells on the engine (assuming they weren't done prior to the engine being installed, and the engine isn't a refurbed item) as these are a weak point on Mi16's. Cambelt is a good idea if that's not been done as well, and of course making sure the rest of the car is upto handling the increase in power you're planning - brakes and suspension in particular.

Sign in to follow this