• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Cheap Digital Dash

smckeown

Anyone got any sources/links ? i'm sure I have come across one of two around the £100 mark but cant find them again.

Closest i've got was this.........

dash.jpg

......but i'm looking for oil pressure/temp readings too. And all for not a lot of money :)

Edited by smckeown

rich_w

I've seen those before, they were very cheap - I don't get why bikers get cheap digital dashes :)

It doesn't look that amazing, but who cares so long as it does its job!

I like the look of these:

msl_msign_1_300.jpg

That is acutally spilt into 2 bits, the rpm and speedo (about 330-350 euros) and then the lights at the bottom (109-139 euros).

The rpm/speedo can be mounted to a aftermarket steering wheel.

Can be found at:

http://www.motogadget.com/en/frameset.html

Edited by rich_w

Jonmurgie

Those ACEWELL one's look good... have been considering have something along those lines for my motor... got to be lighter than the standard dash! Will see what this thread comes up with :)

smckeown

this is the sort of thing, but it's 500+vat

evo148.jpg

I'm sure i found a guy majing them on a mini forum the other day but i cant find the thread or forum..arse!

Edited by smckeown

smckeown

this guy was hoping to make them for about £100 but that was 2 years ago. i'll email him ;)

Dash7_incar_front1_small.jpg

cybernck

well those cheap ones are cheap as they're basically upgraded cyclocomputers ;).

and i got the impression they're pretty tiny.

Hilgie

yes they aren't big, but the advantage is that they'll fit the standard 205 dashunit.

Outside dimensions:

125,5mm wide by 78mm tall

28,5mm deep

mbayley77

they rule. i like em. gonna be writing my letter to santa :wacko:

pugrallye

nothing wrong with cycle computers, you get lap/split timer and all sorts, i used to know someone who used one in a race westfield, straight out the box, even speedo was accurate (just dial in the wheel diameter) and since they are digital based have a speedo readout well beyond a 205's limit (999 mph lol) even have an odometer too!

Jonmurgie

I'll tell you what though, this is bloody tempting on eBay at the moment:

ce_12_sb.JPG

clicky

smckeown

that's the daddy, all the decent caterhams get those. bit pricy tho...

Powers

I am very tempted too. Its just a shame the rev range isnt high enough!

smckeown

what about this advert for a digital dash..with extra's :wacko:

Jonmurgie

hell yeah... the Elise has one of those as standard... plugs right into a MoTeC too :wacko:

smckeown

Fisher seem to be selling the budget version of these at £440, lots of features too, everything you need for a track car

smckeown

looks like people are into putting the honda s2000 dash into cars..just reading more..

installed1.jpg

Pugnut
looks like people are into putting the honda s2000 dash into cars..just reading more..

looks like an updated version of the astra gte clocks :wacko:

photo075.jpg

cybernck
nothing wrong with cycle computers

ofcourse, in another topic i mentioned i'm planning to use one on my car :wacko:.

Jonmurgie

PowerStation are fitting an AiM dash to a race Focus RS at the moment... does look nice :wacko: Mind you, MoTeC do their own dash... a bit pricey though :(

rich_w

What matt was talking about:

http://www.dataspares.com/Car.htm

They also 'plug in' into the motec as well...the basic one appears to be 635 + VAT.

The AIM's do look nice :wacko:

James_R

I've got an acewell 3100, which was £70 from memory, I'm planing to retain the fuel and water gauges, and then I'm using an SPA oil temp/pressure gauge for the oil, although I'm tempted to try and fit an analogue rev gauge in there too, as the bike dash bit shoudl fit inside the speedo area, and then the whole lot should screw in to the std dash moulding.

easypug
I've got an acewell 3100, which was £70 from memory, I'm planing to retain the fuel and water gauges, and then I'm using an SPA oil temp/pressure gauge for the oil, although I'm tempted to try and fit an analogue rev gauge in there too, as the bike dash bit shoudl fit inside the speedo area, and then the whole lot should screw in to the std dash moulding.

How did you get on with the acewell 3100, i've just brought a 3150 for my car. Also plan on running a series of gauges and warning lights.

Edited by easypug

Sign in to follow this