• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TSL 333

Interior Blower Not Working

Guest TSL 333

:)

I cannot get my interior heater to work. It is an electrical problem; the temperature gauge is fine, the pipes to the heat matrix are both warm when they should be etc. However, when I turn the interior fan on, nothing happens, Within the passenger footwell, the underside of the blower motor has two twin wires; a supply of red/ yellow and an outlet of purple/ black. I have tested the red/ yellow supply and there is no power coming from there. I also ran a temporary supply direct from the battery to the purple/ black wires and the heater worked. So I assume the supply is not working.

So what could the cause be (besides the obvious break in the supply?) The fuses all seem fine - could there be a problem at the switch? Any help much appreciated.... B)

Edited by TSL 333

Guest Pete_T

I've had this problem on all the 205's that I've owned, and it always sees to be the same thing that go's wrong with the heaters.

The problem is with the rheostat I think its called, its located next to the fan in the base of the heater. If you look under the heater you'll see two screws which hold the rheostat card in and a multiplug the plugs into it. Remove the card buy a new one and it should solve your problem.

Pete

timmsy19

this has been covered alot but none of the topics have really come to much ive tried everything on mine. i even checked my rheostat to see if any current was passing tru which it is. think i shall have to go out and by a brand new 1. anybody know how much these are?

Guest TSL 333
I've had this problem on all the 205's that I've owned, and it always sees to be the same thing that go's wrong with the heaters.

The problem is with the rheostat I think its called, its located next to the fan in the base of the heater. If you look under the heater you'll see two screws which hold the rheostat card in and a multiplug the plugs into it. Remove the card buy a new one and it should solve your problem.

Pete

But surely if there is no power coming from the red/ yellow (supply) then the problem is elsewhere?

Guest TSL 333
But surely if there is no power coming from the red/ yellow (supply) then the problem is elsewhere?

Where is M@tt when you need him with a cunning plan?

pug_ham
Looking at the Haynes wiring diagram the red wire (27a) is fed directly from the fusebox & the yellow wire (27J) coming from the rheostat via controller.

Have you taken the plug off the rheostat & see if you have 12v at wire 27 which runs down from the dash control, if you haven't then this could be the problem. Have you previously tried taking the dash control apart as there is a tiny copper spring contact that is easily lost & without it no power will be getting to the rheostat.

Have you tried putting 12v directly to the motor to see if it runs?

Graham.

Guest TSL 333
Looking at the Haynes wiring diagram the red wire (27a) is fed directly from the fusebox & the yellow wire (27J) coming from the rheostat via controller.

Have you taken the plug off the rheostat & see if you have 12v at wire 27 which runs down from the dash control, if you haven't then this could be the problem.

What part is the rheostat? Is this behing the switches or is this built into the fan motor?

Have you previously tried taking the dash control apart as there is a tiny copper spring contact that is easily lost & without it no power will be getting to the rheostat.

No, would sourcing a new one from the scrappy solve this?

Have you tried putting 12v directly to the motor to see if it runs?

Yes, it ran last weekend when I did this.

Cheers Graham

pug_ham
What part is the rheostat? Is this behing the switches or is this built into the fan motor?
Built into fan motor housing, plug has four wires going into it, 27, 27J, M27 & M27A or something.(item #57 in Haynes diagram).
No, would sourcing a new one from the scrappy solve this?
If its never been taken apart then it shouldn't make any difference but otherwise hopefully.

Graham

Guest TSL 333
Built into fan motor housing, plug has four wires going into it, 27, 27J, M27 & M27A or something.(item #57 in Haynes diagram).

If its never been taken apart then it shouldn't make any difference but otherwise hopefully.

Graham

I have had this out a few times, fixing items that the previous owner had broken, so this could be the problem. My local scrappy has about 4 of these in at the moment so I will pop down soon and perhaps just bite the bullet and buy both parts (see how much I can get in my pockets/ down my socks/ in my tool box - you know the drill.

Cheers Graham.

Regards, Stephen

Sign in to follow this