• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alex205mi16

Engine Drain Plug (water)

alex205mi16

as above, i want to drop all the water from the block and flush out all the rubbish... but i cant find it. Haynes doent exactly give a good description of its location.

also what size square wrench do i need to open the gearbox oil drain and level check plugs?

cheers

trogboy

The block drain hole is located just to the right of the downpipe on the front of the block and is a 19mm hex bolt iirc. Height wise it is just below and to the left of the engine identification plates.

You need a 6mm square bit to fit the drain/level check plugs on the gear box.

I takeit we are talking bout a TU engine and not an Mi? (just looking at your username)

alex205mi16

cheers for that, was looking miles away from that area! and cheers on sizes that helps loads!

yes its a TU, a little S1 106 rallye that i`m trying to sort years of neglect out!

Edited by alex205mi16

Guest smokinslim

Interesting that, when trying to locate the drain plug on my 205 i removed the bolt you mention, seemed to be where haynes indicated it was. The bolt looked as if it had once been in contact with coolant but nothing whatsoever came out of the hole besides the bolt itself. A blockage perhaps, but i have no apparent problems with airlocks or hotspots in the system. I ended up undoing the lowest coolant hoses i could find to drain the coolant.

trogboy

could well be a blockage as that is the lowest point in the block so where any sediment would collect.

I was crapping myself whe I first took the drain plug out as I didn't know much and thought I'd hear part of the engine dropping off inside the block! :)

Guest smokinslim

Ha ha i know exactly what u mean; but it came out ok went back in ok still works, so its ok.

Would it be worth having a little poke about in the hole next time im draining then? Hopefully wont need doing for a while but will certainly bear this in mind.

Rippthrough
Ha ha i know exactly what u mean; but it came out ok went back in ok still works, so its ok.

Would it be worth having a little poke about in the hole next time im draining then? Hopefully wont need doing for a while but will certainly bear this in mind.

The holes is just the right size to seal perfectly against most hosepipe nozzles - it's probably need a couple of flushes though, theres a lot of built up crap in there usually.

alex205mi16

when i undone mine nothing came out, it was blocked up!!

quick poke and it flowed out... had to flush a few times... there was a lot of crappy sediments in the water jacket

Sign in to follow this