• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M3Evo

Running Emerald Closed Loop With A Nb Lambda Sensor

M3Evo

Just wondered if anyone's done this and is it a good or bad idea?

I was getting a kind of lurching at light cruise (30mph in 4th) which I put down to the car running rich as fook.

Thought it might be an idea to turn on the closed loop lambda thing and let it have +/- 15% of the fueling, and switch the closed loop off at about 2500rpm (where the boost starts).

Anyway, it now drives quite a lot better around town, but there's a whacking great hesitation when you open the throttle gently.

It's like my old Focus was, you pressed the gas pedal and then waited for a bit whilst the brain decided what to do.

Any thoughts chaps?

Gonna get it mapped properly fairly soonish but in the mean time I'd rather it didn't rinse all the lube from the bores :(

Cheers!

Alex

petert

You really need to get it within 15% before you turn on closed loop. Another way to do it is turn on closed loop at 10%, then tune as you drive. You'll know when closed loop starts as the the injection times will fluctuate widely. Reset it to 15% once you're finished.

It's also more common to set the closed loop to a throttle % (eg. 30%) rather than RPM. Surely you'd still be off boost cruising at 100 km/h?

Edited by petert

M3Evo

Unfortunately you can't really tune the Emerald whilst you drive on yer tod, although I guess if I set the datalogger to record speed site, load site, Lambda and %injection correction I could get a feel for how much needs taking out of the base map for a given site?

There seem to be two cut-offs for the closed loop function, one's engine speed and the other's throttle position. Set that one to about 50% I think :rolleyes:

petert

Why can't you tune on the road? Get a friend to drive while you work the laptop. Isn't there a data page where you can view sensor outputs? It's the easiest (and cheapest) way to do the light loads.

M3Evo

You can if there are two of you as you say, but it's a real pain in the arse as you dial in a correction for one speed/load site, but before you have a chance to input it, the site changes so you put the wrong correction in!

Will have to have a play about with the logger and then go back and update the map :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this