• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Az_GTi

Gettin' Those Trims Back To Black

Paintguy
Gee Andy, is there something you haven't done... :D

Yes.

But since it involves the American Dahm Triplets, I don't think I can mention it on here :blush::rolleyes:

Henry Yorke
Yes.

But since it involves the American Dahm Triplets, I don't think I can mention it on here :lol::angry:

people8.jpg

Did you get their bumpers back to black?!

Autoglym snot is wonderful on a vinyl CTI roof too as it moisturises, waterproofs and shines at the same time!! Don't think it would be quite as effective on mohair though!

I guess the heat trick is a bumpers off things as it sounds like you need to put enough heat in to them that it would not do any favours to the surrounding paint

Rippthrough

Would it help to put a quick mask around the surrounding bodywork first? Or is it really not necessary?

Anyone know some where that sells heatguns and is open late? I don't get back while about 7.30-8.00 :angry:

Paintguy

I never bother with removing the parts or masking up the surrounding areas. The heat needed isn't that much at all really, just aim the air stream away from the paintwork if you want to be extra careful, and don't hold it in one place for too long. You'll melt the plastic long before you damage the paintwork*

* Famous last words, lol. //Waits for several complaints from people with bubbled bodywork :angry:

Did you get their bumpers back to black?!

No, but I'd love to spend some time on their bodywork!!

ALEX

I use AutoGlym black Dye (aerosol) Fill the cap and rub it on with a rag.

Then go over the top with Auto Glym Bumper care (the green gel stuff)

Works a treat, lasts for ages,

Take a look

<<<<<<

Edited by ALEX

Sign in to follow this