• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nuno205Rallye

Ideas For Improving Rear Suspension...

Guest Nuno205Rallye
I'm not talking about impacts, i'm considering the lateral loading on the wheel transferring to the arm and bending it (or twisting it?), in relation to the horizontal moment the arm would transfer ultimately to the tube by way of that triangulation arrangement. The torsion bars aren't only twisting, they're bending as well because they're significantly offset from the rotational axis of the arms. And in such a situation will only offer a nominal resistance on the horizontal plane, as they're already distorted. The ARB can't offer any meaningful resistance to horizontal bending of the crosstube at all.

Now, if you are talking about twisting the tube... I do not need even to explain it, thousands of kilometers of rally stages have failed to bend/twist the tubes with cut outs like these, so theres your proof :lol:

PS: noticed that you have the English Rallye with a TU5J4 in it... very nice engine, have a 106 GTI myself also, lots of potential, do not mind what people say :angry:

Sandy

I've sold the car and the engine now.

When I'm talking about bending or twisting of the arms or tube, i'm referring to deflection under load which isn't permanent, but momentry and leads to variations in the geometry at the wheels. Due to the natural "spring" in the steel/iron.

Rippthrough
I've sold the car and the engine now.

When I'm talking about bending or twisting of the arms or tube, i'm referring to deflection under load which isn't permanent, but momentry and leads to variations in the geometry at the wheels. Due to the natural "spring" in the steel/iron.

Which makes the mods just as bad as the original :)

Guest Nuno205Rallye

I think that people trying to fit coilovers in the rear of the 205 would be better off if they replaced the car alltoguether :)

Buy a Fiesta XR2 or a Toyota AE92 (this one has a very very advanced rear suspension).

888rmb
Buy a Fiesta XR2

Buy an an XR2....

Cough Cough

Most XR2s in this country have dissolved into a pile of rust or smashed to pieces.

They are quite good in their own way but aren't as good as a 205.

• Like 1

cybernck

anthony is correct:

post-4-1143071046_thumb.jpg

Rippthrough
anthony is correct:

post-4-1143071046_thumb.jpg

Good old grey iron, eh?

LIke I said, fabbed ally/steel arms would be my first port of call ;)

Guest Nuno205Rallye

Well, since there are so many companies producing special suspension components ... wouldn´t one or two or three of them be so kind to develop rear suspension arms (alloy or steel) for the 205?

They could even build in adjustable camber and toe-in!

That's an idea!

:)

How many parts would we like to be produced for our cars?

Sign in to follow this