• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eryl1.9Gti

Door Mirror.

Eryl1.9Gti

How do you take off the plastic bit of the mirror, the one on the inside with the sleve that goes round the adjuster arm thingy, without snaping it off.

Had to replace my door as some f***s decided that they were more deserved of MY stereo (bent the door in getting in), and as i was trying to gently persuade it off with a screwdriver i herd a snap and the the thing came off :) .

Do you just have to glue it back on or is there a trick to getting it off

GLPoomobile

Yeah, I was wondering the same as I've done this on both mirrors on my previous 2 205s. Don't want to do it on my current one, but I'm starting to think it's physically impossible!

ALEX

It's just about impossible not to snap them.

I bought a new one a while back and they're only a fiver from Peugeot.

You have to swap the rubber bit over from your old one.

I also imagine the cost might have gone up since then too.

Edited by ALEX

timmsy19
Yeah, I was wondering the same as I've done this on both mirrors on my previous 2 205s. Don't want to do it on my current one, but I'm starting to think it's physically impossible!

ditto. ive just taken mine off and thought they were imoppsible not to snap them now i need some new plastics

RobMGti

Thats odd i thought they were easy to get off? Replaced them on both my old 205's

Rob

Guest smokinslim
:blink: mine got stuck back on with silicone; at least if they need to come off again they won't get damaged further

Ritmo

Same happened to me Eyrl had to replace the door after some bam put a screwdriver through the door to take the cd player. I used blu-tack to hold them back on.

Eryl1.9Gti

Blu-tack.

You Genius!!!!!

Didnt think of that.

All i need now is the know how to re wire a stereo back into it as the plastic block came off with the stereo, and also the aerial.

So i have a load of wires and no idea where they go. :)

Daxed
Thats odd i thought they were easy to get off? Replaced them on both my old 205's

Rob

So come on Rob, spill the beans. How do you get the damn things off?

markic

Rob

Same here, Had mine off on the n/s several times due to some t**t keep snapping my door mirror off! :( never broke them.

pugman

i've had the same problem. The plastic pins push into metal clips which holds the trim in place. Its because it is such a tight fit in these clips that they are hard to get off. You can get plastic bushes to replace the metal clips from a Peugeot dealership.

Sign in to follow this